PDA

View Full Version : Where can i buy pro stars

1stpop
12-11-07, 10:06 AM
Hello there i am looking to buy either pro stars or weld wheels for my pop where is the best place to look in the uk . thanks for your help.

ross@rmrrestorations
12-11-07, 10:09 AM
Try the ads on Eurodragster.com as they seems to come up for sale on their quite a lot.

h0tr0dder_uk
12-11-07, 10:10 AM
northants tyres should do them
http://www.northhantstyres.com/

1stpop
12-11-07, 10:19 AM
or i have been looking at the fm classic from image wheels what do you think.what sort of programs are out there so i can see what they look like on a pro street pop,

crusty
12-11-07, 10:20 AM
There was a thread on here not so long ago about how dangerous they could become, i.e. the spokes broke away from the centre of the hub. Someone did post pictures of what had happened and it was'nt an isolated case. I think it was something to do with the design, them being of a 2 piece split design.

crusty
12-11-07, 10:24 AM
Thats the Pro Stars Im talking about.

Adam
12-11-07, 12:06 PM
I posted it Crusty, it was from one of my USA forums. I will try to find the thread again.

Adam
12-11-07, 12:24 PM
Here is the post. Looks like the guy has let his site slip and there are no pics but the text is there. The wheels failed just outside the sud holes so he was left with the hub still connected but the spokes all cracked and split in a circle around them.

http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/142054/fromsearch/1/hl/pro%5C%5C%5C%7Cstar/tp/1/

Dan
12-11-07, 12:47 PM
I know you said "in the UK" but is there any real need? unless you're looking for used?

I priced them up with northants, then went on summit racing - i got them delivered in less than 2 days and came in at a good bit less than northants even after shipping and duty. Weak dollar just now too..

1stpop
12-11-07, 01:46 PM
now thats a good idea. how much is shipping and duty now any ideas what %. cheers dan.

Dan
12-11-07, 02:17 PM
that's going back a bit now... wait and i'll see if it stores my order history

edit.....nup, not there, sorry.

You can usually send them an email and they're more than helpful with estimates.. then just add your vat once it's here.

langysrodshop
12-11-07, 02:28 PM
3.5% on parts but you will get VAT on top of the price and shipping, Still cheaper than getting them here though.

now thats a good idea. how much is shipping and duty now any ideas what %. cheers dan.

Adam
12-11-07, 02:37 PM
Will take longer than 2 days if your a new customer. All international ordes on credit card go through a seperate check which takes that long in itself. Been using them for 21 years now.

As an aside unless you just have to need to want to use pro Stars have a look at what else is out there. They are at least 20 years old by now, not saying there is anything wrong with them (I had a set of 14x15's) but there are so many more fresh wheels out there now.