PDA

View Full Version : Help Insurance Wanted

VALET10
12-11-07, 04:16 PM
Can Anybody Help Me? After Spending The Last 3 Years Modifing MY Two Cars I Cant Get Insured. I Have Got Valuation From Maurice Takoor For Both My Cars, So Wots The Problem .it Seems They All Want Safe Bets ,cars Under £10,000. No Wonder There Are Less And Less Cars Getting Built.if Anybody Has Any Ideas Please Let Me Know.THANKS I AM NSRA MEMBER ?

Happydaze
12-11-07, 04:20 PM
What cars exactly?

Are the valuations from Maurice for the purposes of the NSRA scheme? (i don't know if he does any other type of valuations, so apologies if this is incorrect or causes confusion).

Chris

VALET10
12-11-07, 04:26 PM
1955 Bel-air And 1973 Trans-am 455

Adam
12-11-07, 04:55 PM
The NSRA scheme does not do stock or very mildly modified vehicles but Classicline can do a non NSRA policy. Thats stock covered.

You say yours are modified, ok the scheme is for Hot Rods / Customs etc etc so it has to be pretty much modified to get on so if you have just done a few bolts on's this may not be enough to qualify. Pretty much a complete reversal of every other scheme out there!

Maurice will do a valuation for NSRA members vehicles to go on the NSRA scheme only as part of his involvement with the club (his donation of time as it were). I'm sure he would do one for non members & for other schemes but like all registered assessors their time needs to be paid for.

Maurice has valued the vehicle and you have contacted Classic line what was the problem? Darren or Kirsty are the people to speak to there.

Just trying to cover all bases in one reply.

VALET10
12-11-07, 07:21 PM
Bel-air 502 Ci 67/1 Blower Th400 Mini Tubbed Ladder Bar Set Up Coil Over Ajustables. Thats Modified? Classic Line Dont Want To Know ?

Adam
12-11-07, 09:09 PM
Any chance of Andy's original posts being reinstated please as it makes the thread a bit lost..

Andy, didn't realise it was you till I checked your profile. Was it the insured amount or some other reason that they refused cover. Details if you wish to post them are always helpfull. Like all places it can depend who you spoke to.

kapri
12-11-07, 09:17 PM
Done.

Dusty
12-11-07, 10:16 PM
Andy, didn't realise it was you till I checked your profile. Was it the insured amount or some other reason that they refused cover. Details if you wish to post them are always helpfull. Like all places it can depend who you spoke to.[/quote]

I would be surprised if it's the value..mine is valued at over £10,000 with Classicline via the NSRA

VALET10
13-11-07, 10:58 AM
They Said Cos The Cars Are Not Parked At My House They Wont Insure Them. The Cars Are Parked Across The Road To My House In A 4 Car Heated Garage Fully Secured, Which Is Also MY Work Place ?.

Adam
13-11-07, 03:39 PM
Andy pm sent though site. check your nsra inbox.