PDA

View Full Version : 32...Where did it go?

plumpcars
16-11-07, 10:06 AM
Back in the early eighties a friend of mine built an English 32 sedan with a Rover engine. I never saw the finished car as it was sold in a hurry and he 'left the country' a bit sharpish! He had been living at the time out in the sticks near Hindhead in Surrey. Does anybody know of the car or what happened to it? Just curious really....

yellowboy
16-11-07, 09:34 PM
Was the builder a restorer . There was a nice resto-rod sedan featured in Rod and Custom back then . It was maroon , but I've never seen it in real life .

Phil...

HAROLD
16-11-07, 09:44 PM
it was sold to mr palmer at the Rodshop the last time i sore it, it was painted red top half and bottom black. the gent in question run off to Africa with his wifes best frend.i think it was a coup not a sedan

kapri
16-11-07, 10:21 PM
Hi Harold,hi and welcome but could you post an intro please ? The forum is set to lock you out after 3 posts without an intro,
cheers
Kev

hershambob
16-11-07, 10:32 PM
that will be tattoo petes coupe,,,,,or could it be gary the stitches one(sedan)

plumpcars
17-11-07, 09:28 AM
it was sold to mr palmer at the Rodshop the last time i sore it, it was painted red top half and bottom black. the gent in question run off to Africa with his wifes best frend.i think it was a coup not a sedan
Harold....Thats it! I never saw the car as he had moved down your way and I still lived in Twickenham but I thought he had told me it was an English sedan? Must be my saga memory! Don't suppose that anybody knows anymore....If it was a coupe then which one is it now? Maybe Pete's then Bob?

plumpcars
17-11-07, 09:38 AM
Do you know any more build details of the car Harold?

bladerunner
17-11-07, 11:32 AM
its still around,looking almost the same....nice..baz

hershambob
17-11-07, 08:35 PM
if it was the coupe of petes it was found in scotland and was built by tony theron and yes the axle snapped when dave palmer had it...
barry what one are you talking about???bob

Battersea Boys
19-11-07, 03:53 PM
Does anyone have a picture... of his wifes best friend!

I'm mean, she'd want to be good to leave a steel 32 behind!!!

plumpcars
19-11-07, 05:01 PM
Does anyone have a picture... of his wifes best friend!

I'm mean, she'd want to be good to leave a steel 32 behind!!!

Well I know EXACTLY what she looked like but am not commenting any further! ;o)
Does anybody have a picture or spec of the car? It's just one of those unanswered questions that I'd like to resolve. I swear he told me it was an English car though....

hershambob
19-11-07, 07:35 PM
i think petes coupe was rhd and reged in 34 so its not a duece