PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember...

matt
30-12-08, 02:37 PM
Following on from Kapri's advice a while back about getting all the info on old rods , can any one shed some light on my Morris 8, I bought it in 2002 from Alfie and Jo in Faversham when it had a 1500GT pre xflow fitted and steel wheels, History from dvla shows it was in Walthamstow from 1980 to 1998, and my recollection when i got it was that it may have been brown and cream at one stage, although the suspension was red under the black paint and dirt. I have the mots back to 1981 when it is shown as 1500cc. it was never a Show car so am not expecting photos, Reg no is JJO XXX

1968unclefester
30-12-08, 04:40 PM
hi,
i did a bit of the prep work for paint and pre mot work for alfie
it was brown with flat steel front wings and a etched pic in rear screen
the glass wings are model A i think (poss dooster)
from what i can rember it had a well made chassis and drove well
i may have a pic, of before we started will have a look next couple of days
tried in vaine to get alfie to have a v8 droped in .

matt
30-12-08, 08:30 PM
Thanks for that Tim, back wings are glass pop ones now from Pat Cuss, yes it drives well, has viva hc front and mk1 cortina rear on leaf springs, changed engine to zetec with 5 speed when the old engine got tired,

oilyneil
30-12-08, 09:20 PM
And its quick,,,,,,,!

matt
30-12-08, 10:14 PM
Hi Neil, hows it going havent seen you in quite a while, hows the ' new ' project coming along, hope to get to a few meets this year if i can get away from work long enough, matt

oilyneil
30-12-08, 10:42 PM
Getting there!
Loads to do still, a weekend per wheelarch was enough!
Its on its wheels, engine,box, axles in and steering rack mounted, 40 m of tube so far,,,,,

Dave'29Ford
31-12-08, 01:38 AM
Getting there!
Loads to do still, a weekend per wheelarch was enough!
Its on its wheels, engine,box, axles in and steering rack mounted, 40 m of tube so far,,,,,

Can we see more of this please, looks brill ?? Own thread?

Dave