PDA

View Full Version : Remember This? Lipsmackin' Pepsi Ad 1980s!

Alphabet Alex
25-01-09, 01:43 PM
Here's a neat Pepsi ad from the early 1980s, it was shown on TV and cinema, it also appeared in a few glossy mags too.
Unfortunately who ever did the ad copy for the mags wasn't a car man, or woman!
There's a poor quality video on Youtube, but you'll get the idea!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=c5ctPcwWjYc&feature=PlayList&p=40E4C4325A8AB8B2&playnext=1&index=8

http://usera.ImageCave.com/ConRod/Pepsi Ad (1980s).jpg

REDMAD
25-01-09, 01:53 PM
Here's a neat Pepsi ad from the early 1980s, it was shown on TV and cinema, it also appeared in a few glossy mags too.
Unfortunately who ever did the ad copy for the mags wasn't a car man, or woman!
There's a poor quality video on Youtube, but you'll get the idea!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=c5ctPcwWjYc&feature=PlayList&p=40E4C4325A8AB8B2&playnext=1&index=8

http://usera.ImageCave.com/ConRod/Pepsi%20Ad%20%281980s%29.jpgLooks like a Spirit of the Fities traffic jam. Remember the ad Alex.

scottie
25-01-09, 02:03 PM
ofcourse i remember it , thats my youtube channel.......lol

kapri
25-01-09, 02:14 PM
The guy that did the " Gee, how come you're such a bit hit with the goils ?" bit to Kirk St Moritz ,is an ex Victory Wheeler who was 50 the other week. I remember taking him out in my V4 powered Consul Capri,seem to remember him screaming like a girl for most of the trip !

mrquickwhip
25-01-09, 02:33 PM
i thought all the victory wheelers squealed like girls........oops....lol

BaronVonVVankel
25-01-09, 07:32 PM
Got my Colas mixed up, expected to see a picture of this...

http://malcolm-paris.fotopic.net/p19373655.html

(My God, who painted that! i dont remember it being that bad!)

Russ
25-01-09, 08:00 PM
never seen a 44 ford before though,
Russ

Epy
25-01-09, 08:23 PM
God I wanted that A so much after seeing that ad
only took me about 15 years before I got one.........

mikeyboy
26-01-09, 02:18 AM
That looks a lot like the Bob McCoy 40 sedan on the left (hot rod magazine cover car 1958) I'll have to ask him if it is/was his.

Battersea Boys
26-01-09, 08:47 AM
James Dean
in
Rebel without a pause

Chad
26-01-09, 03:58 PM
That looks a lot like the Bob McCoy 40 sedan on the left (hot rod magazine cover car 1958) I'll have to ask him if it is/was his.

Not the McCoy sedan, his flames started red at the nose and went into yellow, not white - yellow - red like the one above' probably inspired by it though :>)

40Stude
26-01-09, 04:03 PM
Not the McCoy sedan, his flames started red at the nose and went into yellow, not white - yellow - red like the one above' probably inspired by it though :>)

and McCoy's sedan had a nerf bar.

SW6
29-01-09, 04:26 AM
Studio City cinema still there but its not a movie house anymore, (some retail store) Ive driven past it hundreds of times not realising it was in that add.

Jumpin Jim
29-01-09, 10:21 AM
I learned the Big Mac song off pat. Never had the nerve to sing it to the staff for my freebie though...

1 2 3

"Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions all in a sesame seed bun"

Fatguyz
29-01-09, 10:50 AM
I learned the Big Mac song off pat. Never had the nerve to sing it to the staff for my freebie though...

1 2 3

"Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions all in a sesame seed bun"

Totally O/T but the first Mcdonalds in the UK was in Woolwich in 1976.....i believe.....i learnt the pepsi add lyrics for a school play that we did, complete with cardboard cut out cars....i painted the flames :):):)

well they can supercharge their hotrods they can fuel inject their motors

de de de..................de de de

but all i needs an ice box to cool my pepsi colas

de de de..................de de de

well a fist full of pepsi makes the chick miss a beat???

nice motor fellas WOW pepsi thats neat

so if your cruising with your babies/buddys??? and you wanna jump the queue

lip smackin pepsi kills the summertime blues

****.....how do i remember that and more worrying is that i typed it all out:eek:

FG:o

plumpcars
29-01-09, 10:59 AM
Totally O/T but the first Mcdonalds in the UK was in Woolwich in 1976.....i believe.....

FG:o

Agree on '76 but thought it was Kensington High St. Remember setting up for the Custom Car show and somebody, may have been Simon Addinsell, went down and brought a box load back for us for that 'new experience'. Weights been going on ever since....:)

Edit: I was wrong it was Woolwich '74, just Googled it. Apparently nobody went in until they started a tv campaign!

Fatguyz
29-01-09, 11:32 AM
Agree on '76 but thought it was Kensington High St. Remember setting up for the Custom Car show and somebody, may have been Simon Addinsell, went down and brought a box load back for us for that 'new experience'. Weights been going on ever since....:)

Edit: I was wrong it was Woolwich '74, just Googled it. Apparently nobody went in until they started a tv campaign!

knew it was Woolwich (old stamping ground)....they have a plaque on the wall outside proudly displaying the fact lol but 74' :eek:....i was still into my Wimpys then.....actually still am:D

FG:cool:

mikeyboy
29-01-09, 04:39 PM
and McCoy's sedan had a nerf bar.

Yep you are right.The Bob McCoy sedan is still going around in San Diego its now black with no flames.Bob said that when he had the flames painted he didnt like them,in fact he was pretty annoyed with the guy who did them !! He did not know that those flames would inspire all to come after.

58 delray
29-01-09, 09:03 PM
there was another advert in a diner but i cant seem to find it any where, anyone else had any luck?

WagonMan
29-01-09, 09:05 PM
What's the cream convert' parked behind the '40?

Alphabet Alex
30-01-09, 11:05 AM
WagonMan, that looks like a '41 Buick convertible?

WagonMan
30-01-09, 01:12 PM
I was thinking possibly early '40s Buick too Alex. It looks sweet.
The yellow coupe looks remarkably like your old one!

Captain Scarlet
30-01-09, 02:17 PM
James Dean
in
Rebel without a pause

LOL,very good ,wish i had spotted that :)

Jonny69
30-01-09, 11:22 PM
Definitely Woolwich, even I remember that and I wasn't even born then :D

Ok, my dad told me. Complaining about having to eat with his hands like a dirty foreigner or something :D