PDA

View Full Version : doodling on my trusty wacom

surfmonkey
11-03-09, 06:32 PM
a quick doodle on my wacom tablet using corelpainter 10....doesn`t matter how many times i use digital art it still seems to me that i`m sort of cheating

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/surfmonkey/CloneofBilling070444455-1.jpg

BigBossMan
11-03-09, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=surfmonkey;206279]a quick doodle on my wacom tablet using corelpainter 10....doesn`t matter how many times i use digital art it still seems to me that i`m sort of cheating

Cool pic:)
Not cheating, just using another medium. You don't have to be permanently set up to doodle, ie pencils, paints, airbrush etc and going back and retouching is a doddle.

I was looking at getting one of these for Photoshopping and the A4 Intuous with the airspray tool looked fab. Ideal for logos etc. They're a bit thin on the ground to get hold of at the moment though.

rem
11-03-09, 08:03 PM
Are these tablets all 'remote', i.e. you are watching the screen while doodling on the pad? Or are they like touch screens, and are like "proper" drawing on the picture?

Nice doodle, by the way. :)

surfmonkey
11-03-09, 08:26 PM
cheers guys....wacom do both...my one is you draw on the pad while looking at the screen...the pen is pressure sensitive so its like using a real pen/pencil....they also do a version where you draw directly onto the screen...mega bucks

corelpainter 10 imo is better than photoshop for doing this sort of thing...you have every item ever invented to draw with and when you select, lets say a pen theres loads of variaties of pens to choose from which you can customize to your needs as well....

BigBossMan
11-03-09, 08:43 PM
...my one is you draw on the pad while looking at the screen...

Sorry Tim but is that a pain to do...I always have a doodle pad at 45deg to me when I draw but the screen would be level, Does this take a lot of getting used to? or have I got a real bad habit to overcome.

Cheers,
Ian

Russ
11-03-09, 08:59 PM
just like to mention Sm did a pic of my T bucket an very nice it is too unfortunately i can`t find the picture i had of it on my computer so can`t post it , but monkey if you still have the one you send me you can post it up by all means,
Russ

jez r
11-03-09, 09:01 PM
Like it a lot! IMO digital art is as legit as traditonal media, the creativity still comes from the same place. Personally I can't do anything without an initial pencil or marker sketch, otherwise it's like driving without a map (mind you sometimes gettng lot can lead to somwhere interesting)

surfmonkey
11-03-09, 09:05 PM
ian its actually really easy to do...the cursor on the screen moves around while your holding the pen above the pad so you can move around really easy...my problem is always remembering to do a new layer for each colour

russ i`ve got the pic on here somewhere i`ll look it out after the footy

cheers jez...you can sketch on the screen just like a piece of paper

BigBossMan
11-03-09, 09:12 PM
Thanks Tim,

I don't need a bracket to tilt my monitor then :):)

Ian

surfmonkey
11-03-09, 09:23 PM
no ha ha...i just sit at my computer desk....screen in front...i use the keyboard to do shortcuts...one thing i really like is that the pen has a tip at one end (obviously) and you flip it round and the other end instantly becomes an eraser

rem
11-03-09, 09:33 PM
ian its actually really easy to do...the cursor on the screen moves around while your holding the pen above the pad so you can move around really easy...

Ah, so you can see where the pen is, without actually drawing anything - you can't lose track of where you are between lines?

surfmonkey
11-03-09, 09:35 PM
its actually easier to use than a mouse

BigBossMan
11-03-09, 10:24 PM
its actually easier to use than a mouse

Right your fault ;) I just been and ordered one, the A5 Intuos 3, bleddy Amazon.
Thought the A4 would be too big and that seems to be the reason many are selling theirs on eBay.

surfmonkey
11-03-09, 10:27 PM
mines an A5 and its great...i had an A4 before this one and that was fine too...til i dropped a chair on it