PDA

View Full Version : '37 Ford - Toyota Pick-up chassis ??

EireRodder
29-12-07, 12:43 PM
Sorry if this one is a bit vague, but I thought I had seen on Rodlines website that there is a Toyota (?) pick-up thats suitable for the '37 Ford shell. I bought a '37 last year which is on a modified Pilot chassis, (thanks to Gary Moxham for selling me the project!) and am wondering if I'd be better off buying a cheap running pick-up to donate a new chassis.

Anyone know if I'm imagining things or would you know what model Toyota it was ?
Thanks in advance
Pat

kapri
29-12-07, 01:25 PM
Pat, I think its the old B2000 range, you need to check out the wheelbase though to be sure.

weemark
29-12-07, 01:26 PM
i would have thought it would be better to try and get a 35-40 chassis to fit under it, remember the chassis is what contributes points to the registration scheme.

pilot chassis isnt too far away from the shape/size of a 37 chassis anyway - IIRC its a little shorter but you would be hard pushed to tell the difference in them if you didnt know.

also think of resale value - i think putting a chassis from a toyota under an early ford would put a lot of people of from buying if/when you move it on.