PDA

View Full Version : 40 Sedan checking in.

40 Sedan
06-11-07, 04:28 PM
I'm Keith Miles and I live in Andover in Hampshire with my wife Katie. I'm 30 and have been into drag racing forever, dad's fault he used to run a junior comp altered in the 70's, my first meet was Blackbushe when I was 3 apparently.

Started buying Custom Car when I was 15 and have every issue since under my anorach in the loft. Got into rods from about then, passed my test in my not very hot hatch and was desperate for a project. Bought a 1968 105e when I was 18, insurance was stupid so kept the 1200 lump, lowered it, 5.5 lotus steels and fitted a woodrim wheel. Used it for a couple of years and sold it, bought an MGB that I thought I'd make a buck on but hated it before picking up another 105e. Put together a 120bhp Pre Crossflow based on a crossflow block, 2000E box, changed the front struts, disk brakes, lotus steels, lowered 3" etc etc, all the usual stuff. Got it featured in Retro Cars mag which was cool but had been wanting a pop for a long while.

Sold the 105 and was seriously looking for a Pop with John Hall when he asked if I'd be interested in his 40 Sedan. I'd always loved the car and didn't think he'd ever sell it so the deal was done just before Billing last year. No plans for the 40 other than driving it but would like a slingshot next to it in the garage as soon as I can.

In between rodding I play guitar, get to alot of gigs, shoot alot of pool and listen to anything from Zeppelin to Slayer.

nigel3432
31-12-07, 10:42 PM
Happy New Year to you mate,good luck for 2008,maybe bump into you for a beer sometime instead of work purpose,always a pleasure to see you and family at rod runs and at Carolina Classics.catch up with ya soon.,best regards,Nigel Taylor.

kapri
31-12-07, 11:34 PM
Hi Keith, welcome on board.:)