PDA

View Full Version : MANUAL PUNISHMENT "My vehicle , intro,for the gasser circus

MANUAL PUNISHMENT
26-04-11, 12:39 AM
heres my contender ,1937 willys pickup replica , has been a street /weekend bit of fun for the last few years but is destined for slightly better performance in the gasser circus this year i hope lol..:lol:

The truck consists of a box section chassic ,cds 2 cage , chrysler 8/34 rear axle on long ladder bars and wishbone set up ,it has a drop tube front axle on parrallel leaf springs , 10.70 comp,327 30 over ,280h cam,650 double pumper 4.10 diff ,and a wide ratio muncie 4 speed gearbox. wheels are steels on the rear and mags on the front(not ones in photo) retaining the period look . The truck used to be called OLD HARPER but has now been changed to MANUAL PUNISHMENT , best time in the truckto this date has been a 14.01 94 mph with the old set up . . The gasser circus has made me very welcome and i hope to have a great laugh this year in the circus,many thanks to nick ,ken ,nsra etc for making the effort to improve this gathering and bring people together ..
:cheers:

chris
26-04-11, 10:15 AM
Hi Neil,
The old truck looks great in Root Beer mate,great choice of colour. :cool:
good luck in the Circus,see ya at the strip!

langysrodshop
26-04-11, 11:07 AM
Looks good to me Neil, good luck with your times, i'm sure theres more there.

heres my contender ,1937 willys pickup replica , has been a street /weekend bit of fun for the last few years but is destined for slightly better performance in the gasser circus this year i hope lol..:lol:

The truck consists of a box section chassic ,cds 2 cage , chrysler 8/34 rear axle on long ladder bars and wishbone set up ,it has a drop tube front axle on parrallel leaf springs , 10.70 comp,327 30 over ,280h cam,650 double pumper 4.10 diff ,and a wide ratio muncie 4 speed gearbox. wheels are steels on the rear and mags on the front(not ones in photo) retaining the period look . The truck used to be called OLD HARPER but has now been changed to MANUAL PUNISHMENT , best time in the truckto this date has been a 14.01 94 mph with the old set up . . The gasser circus has made me very welcome and i hope to have a great laugh this year in the circus,many thanks to nick ,ken ,nsra etc for making the effort to improve this gathering and bring people together ..
:cheers:

KICKSY
26-04-11, 11:29 AM
Nice looking truck Neil, love the color.

Dave.:)

MANUAL PUNISHMENT
27-04-11, 11:04 PM
many thanks for your comments on my truck its not driving yet but its been around a while and constantly evolving , i love it and plan to get it hot on its toes this year and im sure the new carb cam gears, tyre height and manual box are going to make a huge difference .. cheers again. being on leafs now itll prob handle like a bucket of clay runnning 17.00s out the box lol....:eek:

HONKY TONKIN
27-04-11, 11:45 PM
hi m8, weve chatted before, cars lookin good.....
i wonder what it'll run ?

pistolero
28-04-11, 06:17 PM
Looks great Neil, have a good year with it
Miles

HORRID HENRY
04-05-11, 11:17 PM
Hi neal
only been back about 3yrs in the nsra, after 7yrs in vscc.
First seen your motor at billing in primer with no bonnet
looked great.then seen it at the drags each year, gave me some ideas on me next project. ( the henry j,) looking forward to getting it to a meet this year, see you later mick

MAD ENGINEERING
05-05-11, 08:17 PM
Great car and 4 speed manual, nice !!

39WILLYZ
07-05-11, 10:39 PM
Hi Neal love the Willys looks spot on howd the front axle work out

MANUAL PUNISHMENT
07-05-11, 11:04 PM
hi m8 yeh its in the hole ,and needs finishing but its a great fit m8 many thanks ,got so much to do and 3 weeks to do it lol... i hear you hard at work out there .!! your coupes so on the button wayne !!! love it m8

Strange Mark
13-05-11, 04:28 PM
Had a little look under the blanket at this a few months back. Seen the truck a good few times in primer but the paint really makes it stand out now. Gives it a lot more "attitude" :)

MANUAL PUNISHMENT
13-05-11, 07:37 PM
hey many thanks i actually prefer the truck in primer tbh lol so it my be steel blue metallic soon , really trying to get things sorted for yanks weekend as its been changed quite a bit , cant wait to see some the gassers all in the pits gunna be the bizz .. cheers mark :)

IDENTITY CRISIS
30-05-11, 08:01 PM
Nice work on turning your brake trouble around and getting back on Sunday
Look forward to seeing the new set up run at the nostalgias
Four on the floor rules.
Did you identify the caliper?

MANUAL PUNISHMENT
30-05-11, 08:28 PM
hi bri yes 67 mustang m8 sweet im on the case for nostalgias god damn it .lol you guys did a great thing and i congratulate you on your win m8 and sorting your brakes too .. will see you at the next one .. seems the phrase of the weekend is 12.00s / 11.89 s haha !! .. :D

IDENTITY CRISIS
30-05-11, 10:28 PM
hi bri yes 67 mustang m8 sweet im on the case for nostalgias god damn it .lol you guys did a great thing and i congratulate you on your win m8 and sorting your brakes too .. will see you at the next one .. seems the phrase of the weekend is 12s .. :D

Cool glad you're on it. Let me know if you want to borrow that pumpkin.
I went round a couple of times at the end of the night and managed a 12.007
then outta nowhere came the 11.899 !!!!!
perfect end to the weekend.:D

well apart from the clown outfit supplied by Roy Tunnocks which apparently is mandatory bar attire for the evening for the winner. I'm sure photos will follow.