PDA

View Full Version : 32 grille prices

Happydaze
10-11-07, 11:06 AM
Ebay watch of course - Ain't the new forum great - you can preview without entering the post - so if ebay watch posts affend you, move on now!

Always on the lookout for a nice, original '32 grille and shell. They go for silly money so that sets the level of the bar. So silly equals normal. With me so far? So tha bar just went up a few notches then - admittedly a rare piece but yikes! Rich kids being different i guess!

Chris

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1932-FORD-PINES-WINTERFRONT-ULTRA-RARE-FLATHEAD-RAT-ROD_W0QQitemZ320180457687QQihZ011QQcategoryZ42606Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

randrhotrodimports
10-11-07, 11:25 AM
That will be the Pines Winter Insert putting that through the roof then, dearest "normal" one i saw was at Carlisle last month $2000 was nice though but not that nice.

langysrodshop
10-11-07, 11:45 AM
I think they are really nice and different but as Chris say's out of the reach of most Rodders. Funnily enough quite a few have popped up recently.

randrhotrodimports
10-11-07, 12:04 PM
Totally agree was toying with it, the grill that is myself, but even with the excellent exchange rate some things are just tooooo dear.

rem
10-11-07, 12:16 PM
Read the small print - it is just the insert up for auction for $5000! And why would you need one in California anyway? (Although perhaps that's why he's selling it? LOL)

speedemon
10-11-07, 12:35 PM
I`m surprised no one have made replica`s of these with the money they make and the amount of people that want them

Langy get on with it, not beyond a man of your capabilities

rem
10-11-07, 03:08 PM
People only want them because they are rare and expensive - anyway, I reckon the original grille and insert is pretty much perfect as-is.

Spence32
10-11-07, 03:37 PM
I've been after a Pines Winter Grille for ages for my '32, turned one down 3 years ago because I thought $2000 was silly, strangely it seems almost cheap now!

Russ
10-11-07, 06:58 PM
i got one at the La roadster show swapmeet in 02 for $180,

kapri
10-11-07, 07:10 PM
Strange isn't it you modify a grille and everyone tut tuts but get a 'rare' accessory and you are king.
Personally I'd make something different and tell everyone it's a rare accessory, win / win situation , especially in the wallet situation.!

Sort of reminds me of the punk thing in a way , all wanting to be different by looking the same as everyone else who is trying to be different ? LOL

randrhotrodimports
10-11-07, 07:23 PM
Dare to be different Kev, thats what its all about at the end of the day aint it mate.
If you can afford a "rare" accessory why not?, if you cant then make your own?
Everyones happy win/win situation again.

kapri
10-11-07, 07:29 PM
Russ, trouble is if there is more than one of that rare accessory once 'yours' is seen it becomes tweak of the week and every bug ger's got one ! How's that different ? ;-)

randrhotrodimports
10-11-07, 07:38 PM
Why not though?, trends come and go in this game don,t they Gassers are the hot ticket again, saw them 1st time around now it seems everyone wants one, Pro street again hot ticket a while back and now a lot of people are going the Trad route on Hot Rods.
Lets be honest Kev its getting harder and harder to be different these days, and then again why do it?, if you like a certain look copy it?, a big thumbs up to the originator of that look indeed but then do we go down the route of "Sheep Rodders"?.
I don,t know the answers, there probably aint one, horses for courses and all that stuff. Would rather see a road full of similar Hot Rods than a road full of Dailys.

kapri
10-11-07, 08:01 PM
Gassers ?Tell me about it LOL , when I did mine all my local car guys hadn't a clue and thought I'd lost the plot ( which may have been correct ) and then Roaring Rat , Henry Hirise and mine all appeared at virtually the same time. they didn't start a spate of copies back then though, no internet and no way of getting the info on how to go about it.

I do think that many people are scared to be different, either in their approach or choice of base material .... or maybe I'm totally wrong and, as you say, thery see a car and want one the same ?

Correct answer ? Nope , isn't one, just opinions and different takes, nowt wrong with that if it can be discussed reasonably.

I agree that I'd rather see rods than dailies !!

Err.. weren't we talking about grilles somewhere along the way ??

randrhotrodimports
10-11-07, 08:46 PM
LOL. Now whats that all about, god dam Tangents.
Still like the grill though lol x