Thread: Boyd Coddington Garage Now Closed

vince34

Boyd Coddington Garage Now Closed

Just been speaking to the BC wheel shop and was told that the hot rod shop is now closed. Can't find any press realeases as yet. Bad news I think. All the staff been let go and rumour is dan sobieski is starting his own rod building shop.

if that's true it's a real shame but the name said "Boyds"......and he's sadly gone! I would Imagine most of the crew there won't have any probs getting in to other shops or starting out on their own..!
    pervayors of finely crafted Hot Rod films and Ray Gun Gear t-shirts.
    Rad Rods vol 1, 2, 3 and 4 available now.
    see trailers and shirts at
    http://www.raygun-industries.co.uk/

vince34
    Paul unfortunately its true I just found this realeased today

The Coddington Garage Closes their Doors One Coddington company closes as another plans to move June 16th, 2008--- La Habra, Ca Boyd Coddington Hot Rods will be closing their doors, Friday June 20th, 2008. After the untimely death of their founder, Boyd Coddington in February, the Coddington Garage team and family tried to continue on with business as usual. The battle they faced was too much to handle. After Boyd’s passing, his wife Jo took over the business. She had rather large shoes to fill in the absence of her husband. With the team of machinists, fabricators, and paint and body guys behind her, she gave it a shot. Unfortunately, running both the hot rod shop and the wheel shop was too much for her handle on her own. The cars and builds that are not complete at the time of closing will be moved to two new shops. Both shops are being run by former Boyd Coddington employees. Dan Sobieski, a fabricator and long time Coddington employee, will be opening his own shop July 1st. Sobieski will be taking a few from the Boyd Coddington team to his new shop in Anaheim, Ca. Abraham Rodriguez, a newer employee, will also be working on some of the vehicles at his shop. His specialty is in paint and body, but his shop will be able to do anything the Coddington Garage did. Jo will continue on with the wheel shop. There are plans for the company to move from their location in La Habra in the near future. For further information please contact Jo Coddington at boydsgarage@aol.com.

thats sad but its time to move on
    so how long before some one buys the name ?

not a good idea , if you get my drift
    Steve
    www.limeworkspeedshop.com

No ! Daimler is an English Company !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by modernpics.co.uk View Post
    thats sad but its time to move on
    so how long before some one buys the name ?
    Probably some fashion house on the strength of the TV show then chav shirts n caps n thin n that galore for 3 or 4 years.
    1955-56-57 Chevy new and used parts always available from www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk

Images
    Lets hope all the lads from Boyds find new appropriate employment - all except that **** Duane. Who'd want to employ that hysterical power mad moron !!!
    Last edited by Klassicdave; 24-06-08 at 12:26 PM.

only thing you ever saw that **** do was a bit of wiring and screaming at people.

i thought most of it belonged to diane and chip foose anyway

wow, only just logged on, and can't believe we will no longer hear of Boyd. it's will sad that the shop has to close down. I truely do feel for his wife and family, as I no how it feels to lose a love one just like that.

Rest in peace Boyd
    you are a hero to us all

Quote Originally Posted by eeb43 View Post
    i thought most of it belonged to diane and chip foose anyway
    I feel a can of worms opening!!!
    pervayors of finely crafted Hot Rod films and Ray Gun Gear t-shirts.
    Rad Rods vol 1, 2, 3 and 4 available now.
    see trailers and shirts at
    http://www.raygun-industries.co.uk/