Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: keeping cool part 4!

NSRA member
    Does all that rust and mess around the rad cap mean it is leaking and not getting any pressure? Probably mentioned a dozen times already, and the usual suck eggs disclaimer, but if you can't pressurise the system your boiling point will be lower. And it will be spitting water out.

The only water you should ever see coming from the system should be from the overflow hose that pokes out below the rad cap.
    Polygamy is having more wives than you really need.
    Monogamy is essentially much the same thing.

cabby
    Hi all,

Hopefully this will cure all TOADS problems

New rad made up and with a little modification will be up and running tomorrow!

Images
    Well,there is a big difference ,hope all goes well keep us informed.
    Jack Reagan

Images
    Tony that old one looks knackered ???
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

....I chased an overheating problem round my 351 powered pop for ages, trying lots of the things mentioned here ...(restrictors, shrouds etc..... it drove me fappin mad!!! ............In the end I bit the bullet and bought a thicker core aluminium radiator (even though I was sure the same fault would still be there, and it would be a complete waste of money) ..... but, it was perfect ! .... and never did it again ... you could sit in traffic without any worries ... or blast down the motorway ... which it would not do before.

I know this may not help your fault, but mine was purely down to the radiator not being man enough.

Anyway, hope you get it sorted matey ... :-)

Mike

Looking through the removed top pipe it look stuffed solid , don't forget the antifreeze ( ) and show Toad what a bottle of it looks like
    Galations 6:7

What rad did you use Tone ?

Looks like custom built looking at the tanks.? Check out the one in Rolands T next time you see it,it was a bit of a technical challenge to cool that motor in such a small space ( and on the front of an T )
    Galations 6:7

cabby
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcoholic Rat View Post
    What rad did you use Tone ?
    Darren,
    Had it scratch built, I thought they were gonna use the old tanks but when I picked it up they handed me the old rad, looks like a really nice job to, will know tomorrow if it has cured it but just looking at the pic I took I think its a no brainer

Tony

cabby
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Looks like custom built looking at the tanks.? Check out the one in Rolands T next time you see it,it was a bit of a technical challenge to cool that motor in such a small space ( and on the front of an T )
    Kev, Rolands T is amazing but check out Russ`s T !

Tony

NSRA member
    Quote Originally Posted by cabby View Post
    Darren,
    Had it scratch built, I thought they were gonna use the old tanks but when I picked it up they handed me the old rad, looks like a really nice job to, will know tomorrow if it has cured it but just looking at the pic I took I think its a no brainer

Tony
    Where did you get it made? Reasonable price?

It sure looks like it will be man enough for the job.

cabby
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    Where did you get it made? Reasonable price?

It sure looks like it will be man enough for the job.
    Hi Paul,
    Got it made locally at Express radiators

Tony

Images
    I had a call from Toad not long ago and he tells me the problems been sorted, so he hopes to be testing it at the Outlaws tomorrow.
    He also informs me that Tony has relocated the hand brake to the BACK seat area to avoid further confusion.
    Lets hope it`s finaly sorted. Nice one Tony...
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

NSRA member
    Quote Originally Posted by cabby View Post
    Hi Paul,
    Got it made locally at Express radiators

Tony
    Ta mate, I'll be needing one for my Jago in the near future.

I don't really fancy getting one made in the Philippines, on holiday, and carrying it back, which is what I did for the Morris.