Thread: Seat Heaters

Images

Seat Heaters

I'm just sorting out the interior panals/seat on my roadster project and i would like to fit Heated seats, Anybody know how they are wired ??? i'm presuming they must have some kind of control box so that they switch off before overheating ??? Not sure whether to get some from a scrap Volvo etc or go for an aftermarket kit ???
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Images
    Steve,
    I have a pair at home for a customer after market jobbies, look nice and easy to fit.
    www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
    IMPORTER OF AMERICAN CARS AND PARTS, SHIPPER OF PARTS, SPEEDWAY MOTORS DEALER/STOCKIST, BROOKVILLE DEALER, O'BRIEN TRUCKERS DEALER, CARS INC TRI CHEVY STOCKIST AND DEALER, . https://www.facebook.com/randrhotrodimports/
    ALL MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS TAKEN

I used to have a 51 plate Rover 45 that had heated seats, may be narrower than the Volvo!!!

NSRA Committee
    Vauxhall Calibra that I had was fitted with them too.

you can get them from summitracing i think. wherever i saw them promised to be the thinnest around.

they give you piles though.

Images
    Steve

Been looking myself for a while got an old one out of a BMW , but it aint any good , found these a couple of weeks back after having a google about

http://www.heatedseatkits.com/heatedseatkits/index.html

worth a look

Craig

Used a camping roll as the first layer on the Special seating with the ali foil facing outwards. It reflects all your body heat back and nothing to fuse or break.
    Galations 6:7

Bet they dont have this problem in So-Cal !!! (lol)

Images
    Russ where did you get them from ???

Quote Originally Posted by 39COUPE View Post
    Steve,
    I have a pair at home for a customer after market jobbies, look nice and easy to fit.
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,

Images
    Don't matter where they come from Gary as i'm putting them in my bench seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Widewhites View Post
    I used to have a 51 plate Rover 45 that had heated seats, may be narrower than the Volvo!!!

Images
    Interesting Craig and not badly priced either.

Been looking myself for a while got an old one out of a BMW , but it aint any good , found these a couple of weeks back after having a google about

http://www.heatedseatkits.com/heatedseatkits/index.html

Images
    I had been looking as i`m going to struggle to get a heater fitted with the bulk head moved back so far, One of my mates suggested seat heaters as a way of getting some heat in the cab

Craig

Images

Images
    www.warmseats.com

They look pretty simply to fit Steve and not to bulky.
    Russ

Quote Originally Posted by langy View Post
    Russ where did you get them from ???
    www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
    IMPORTER OF AMERICAN CARS AND PARTS, SHIPPER OF PARTS, SPEEDWAY MOTORS DEALER/STOCKIST, BROOKVILLE DEALER, O'BRIEN TRUCKERS DEALER, CARS INC TRI CHEVY STOCKIST AND DEALER, . https://www.facebook.com/randrhotrodimports/
    ALL MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS TAKEN