Thread: Need an Upholsterer in Essex

Need an Upholsterer in Essex

Well as it says on the tin...

I need to find an upholsterer... I have had a new screen fitted and have now got the hood frame fitted but cant find an upholsterer who can do the hood. I am looking for recommendations and preferably pics of examples of their work and they need to be in the Essex area.

It's important that they have the hot rod "eye" as I don’t want it to look like a pile of crap that doesn't fit where it touches...

I don’t have an unlimited budget and I would be lying if I said price isn’t a factor but I do want it done right... so come on guys, who you got?

You can PM me, email me or just post a reply if you think it will help others...
    The flogging will continue until morale improves!!!

My Intro

You could try Andy Dowling on 01787 238115. He's been around hot rods, classics and veteran cars for donkeys years. I wouldn't have trusted anyone else with doing the roof on my Sport Coupe. His attention to detail is fantastic. I was a right fussy *bar steward* as I wanted the top close to restoration perfect as possible (bar the chop and a coupe of other minor tweaks I made) and he got it spot on. He also did the top on Tony Cardy's T roadster and the interior on Glen Fulcher's 32 amongst others.

Images
    Elmo i've seen Andys work and its top notch, Get on the phone now !!!
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

where is he please?

Elmo wouldnt have seen this as he leaving work atm but can you tell me where Andy is please i.e Herts, Essex etc .... its me who really wants it done right too, me who been nagging him .. and I am fussy ... thats why I am with Elmo!!!

He's in Tilbury Juxta Clare which is a little way outside Halstead in Essex.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    He's in Tilbury Juxta Clare which is a little way outside Halstead in Essex.

sorry a bit confused Tibury is not Halstead and what is Juxta Clare .. sorry to sound stupid !

Thank you Ratty, I was thinking Tibury as the docks, typing and doing other things and trying to get out, now all makes sense.

Bernard Newbury does quality work. He's in Southend I think.