Page 17 of 153 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: V8pop's V8pop

Thumbs up

Nice work as usual Tim just a thought are you going to use the front wing braces have you tried for clearance issues
    keep it coming
    Adie

Quote Originally Posted by cossie pop View Post
    Nice work as usual Tim just a thought are you going to use the front wing braces have you tried for clearance issues
    keep it coming
    Adie
    Cheers Adie, Not sure on the braces yet, I only got one with the car when I got it, so I had assumed I was going to have to look into it later maybe making something similar but different mounting positions.

What are you other chap's doing on yours?

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

I have made a bit of progress in the wet but have no photos to post as yet.
    Got the other fitch plate done and it's languisging in the shed as I type covered in rust inhibitor. I hope to get a couple of coats of red oxide on them during the nights so I can trial fit them with the grill on Saturday (weather permitting).
    Then it's off with ther front axle and fully weld the rad mount hopefully.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Images
    Well done tim lets hope for a cold but dry winter

Quote Originally Posted by Flamin Black A View Post
    Well done tim lets hope for a cold but dry winter
    Here's hoping Pete.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

nice to see some progress tim but dont let the weather stop you have the true rodders spirit and get on with it ,looking forward to the next instalment

Hi Tim,

Looking forward to seeing the progress shots. Hope the winter is kind to you,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD

Quote Originally Posted by 53pop View Post
    nice to see some progress tim but dont let the weather stop you have the true rodders spirit and get on with it ,looking forward to the next instalment
    Thanks, I'm doing my best Allan but I'm starting to feel the cold in my advancing years mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover V8 View Post
    Hi Tim,

Looking forward to seeing the progress shots. Hope the winter is kind to you,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Thanks Mike, let's hope.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Nice fabrication work!

how are you going to finish the rear wings off?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim G View Post

Nice fabrication work!

how are you going to finish the rear wings off?
    Thanks Tim, my intention is to just glass a pretend swage line back around the cut edge of the wing and leave the tyre exposed just as it is in the picture, the old 60's Gasser look.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Quote Originally Posted by v8pop View Post
    my intention is to just glass a pretend swage line back around the cut edge of the wing and leave the tyre exposed just as it is in the picture, the old 60's Gasser look.

Good man!!

Well after a couple of months of snow and general $hite I’m finally able to get the fairly frosty cover off the old girl

This is pretty much as I left her but with the addition of a few leaves.

Yes that’s Ice, garage boys. LOL

I had finished both inner wings and coated them in red oxide a while back, so I got them out to see how they looked.

Next job was to trial fit the grill shell prior to fully welding the rad mount, but that little plate in the bottom was fouling on the rad. So it had to go.

Those nuts hadn’t seen a spanner in a few years (if at all) so after a chat with the cutting disc they gave in.

Sorted.

She slipped in there sweet as a nut.

Or possibly a little low !!

Looks like I’ve got the rad positioned OK, cos I’ve got space above to fill it and room either side.

It can all come off now along with the front axle. I’ll fully weld the rad mount and do a few tweaks on the chassis that I’ve had on a list from when the steering went it.
    I’m thinking of referbing the axle and painting it and the 4 bar set-up whilst it’s off to try and keep the rust at bay.

That’s it for now, more when I do more.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

hi tim nice to see you back and giveing it some more.looks as if things are comeing on well ,also summers onits way keep the updates comeing

Hi' Tim, speaking from experiance I would say that rad is a little on the low side more so than it really needs to be. Don't want to rain on your parade mate but why is it that low is it right inside the grille shell and youv'e kept it low to fill it ? It's hard to tell in the photo.
    Four inches is good .

Dave.

PS mail me and i'll send some pic's of mine if you like no sweat either way.

radical57@live.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by 53pop View Post
    hi tim nice to see you back and giveing it some more.looks as if things are comeing on well ,also summers onits way keep the updates comeing
    Nice to be back Allan, it was cold but good, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by radical View Post
    Hi' Tim, speaking from experiance I would say that rad is a little on the low side more so than it really needs to be. Don't want to rain on your parade mate but why is it that low is it right inside the grille shell and youv'e kept it low to fill it ? It's hard to tell in the photo.
    Four inches is good .

Dave.

PS mail me and i'll send some pic's of mine if you like no sweat either way.

radical57@live.co.uk
    E-mails on it's way Dave, thanks for the offer mate - Yes the rad is well in the grill shell and yes I dropped it down for filling, also not sure if I will keep going with the standard one so I started low just in case I need to get something bigger.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Images
    Tim hopefully better weather is around the corner
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lang View Post
    I bloody hope so!
    Good to see you get going again Tim, send some my way 'cos I just can't seem to get back in to it after the hols
    Layabout.

Great progress Tim, it's good to see your braving the elements, hopefully spring will come soon for you.

Nice touch with the returns on the flitch plates,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lang View Post
    Hope so Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Morris460 View Post
    I *blinking* hope so!
    Good to see you get going again Tim, send some my way 'cos I just can't seem to get back in to it after the hols
    Give it a go Paul, I was surprised how good it felt.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Rover V8 View Post
    Great progress Tim, it's good to see your braving the elements, hopefully spring will come soon for you.

Nice touch with the returns on the flitch plates,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Thanks Mike - It's good to be back, being a spectator is all right, but it's not a patch on the real thing.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro