Page 5 of 153 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: V8pop's V8pop

Quote Originally Posted by gvtdrums View Post
    Here, here pete! Getting there Tim, I know how fustrating it is when you can't work on the car because it's raining. I try to make sure I have a list of things to do on the inside of the car as well as outside.
    Yeah Glyn, I like to keep a list of "Shed" work but sometimes you need to do some outside stuff to progress the inside stuff (if that makes sense) and that's the frustrating bit. But I'll keep chipping away at it!

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Admin
    How's it going? any updates for us?
    "Praise the lowered"

My Intro

now with all this good weather i hope you are making the most of it .the quality of your work is inpresive and to be done outside tis makes it even more keep it up and if the weather hold it will be on its wheel very soon

Sorry Chaps, I must admit I’ve been a bit slack lately, what with the arrival of my grandson and all that! But I’m back at it now; I have made and fitted the rest of the boxing plates for the “Z” and welded them in.

I also boxed the front (horns) of the chassis, like so…

I’ve left the spring mount in place for now, it may stay or go depending on how the engine fitting goes, but I thought It’s easier to take it away later rather than try to add it if I need it.

All I need to do now is clean it up, then I can drop her off the stands and position the axle under the “Z”. Then it’s just making the 4 bar and coilover mounts for the chassis, sounds so simple when your typing it!!

Cheers. Tim W.
    Last edited by v8pop; 09-07-10 at 02:08 PM.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Nice one Tim, sterling stuff as usual, making the most of this tropical weather, fair play to ya, and congrats Grandad,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD

Images
    well done tim with the car and the grandchild

Thanks for your kind words Mike and Pete, I can’t take any credit for the grandson but I will when he gets his first Rod!!!

I managed to get the welds all cleaned up and the “Z”ed section coated with some rust inhibitor.

Then I got her off the stands

And I popped the axle under to see how she looked.

Hopefully I will get some dry time tonight to get the axle positioned properly, I’m thinking of pushing the axle a bit further forward than standard so I may need to put a wing on to see if it looks crap or not!

Cheers. Tim W.
    Last edited by v8pop; 09-07-10 at 02:12 PM.

My Pop My Intro

Hi Tim,
    Very good work,

How low can you go

Axle looks good, hope the progress, and the weather continues for you,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

getting on well tim very inpressive .see you are you small bottles of gas which must cost you loads and to do what you have done is just great keep it going looking forward to seeing it on the road

Quote Originally Posted by Rover V8 View Post
    Hi Tim,
    Very good work,

How low can you go

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    If all goes to plan Mike, there should be about 4 1/2" of air under the grill !! But we all know what plans are like!

Quote Originally Posted by 53pop View Post
    getting on well tim very inpressive .see you are you small bottles of gas which must cost you loads and to do what you have done is just great keep it going looking forward to seeing it on the road
    Yeah Allan, I don't think I use enough gas in a year to to spend money on the big bottle rental, from what I read on here. Also I have to keep carrying it all out and round the drive to use it so a big bottle might be a bit af a hinderance.

No progress last night as it rained - Working tonight so none tonight!

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Tim,
    If memory serves me right I have 5" under my front grille, and mine is high, I'll recheck it in a few months when it's all back together

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

Tim,
    If memory serves me right I have 5" under my front grille, and mine is high, I'll recheck it in a few months when it's all back together

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Sounds like I need to double check a few bits when I can get outside Mike, I think I have 5" under the chassis at the bottom of the "A" post. Won't get home until 10:20 tonight so it will have to wait! Yeah I know I'm a light weight !!

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

NSRA member
    Hi Tim,

If it's any help to you, i've just set my Pop up with 5" under the grille, the chassis is 5" off the ground all round as well.. Tyres are tucked up into the arches front and back..

Got some big square edge 'speed bumps' in our road and driveway/pavement is on a slope so have built it so that I can drive it further than to the end of the drive and back!!!

Cheers,
    Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by PortlandPop View Post
    Hi Tim,

If it's any help to you, i've just set my Pop up with 5" under the grille, the chassis is 5" off the ground all round as well.. Tyres are tucked up into the arches front and back..

Got some big square edge 'speed bumps' in our road and driveway/pavement is on a slope so have built it so that I can drive it further than to the end of the drive and back!!!

Cheers,
    Nick.
    That's good to know Nick, sounds like I'm on the right lines then. We have raised platforms in the road just down from me. Any chance of a picture of how it sits for reference.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

NSRA member
    Quote Originally Posted by v8pop View Post
    That's good to know Nick, sounds like I'm on the right lines then. We have raised platforms in the road just down from me. Any chance of a picture of how it sits for reference.

Cheers. Tim W.
    I knew I should have taken some pics when I wheeled it out the garage last weekend! You might be able to judge from the shots on the tail end of my build thread. Unfortunately, it's back in the garage with all the other detritus and I can't push it out by myself.. If you can hang on, I'll borrow some help at the weekend..

Tim,
    My chassis is 7 3/8" at the front, and 8 3/8" at the rear, almost Gasser stylie

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

Quote Originally Posted by PortlandPop View Post
    I knew I should have taken some pics when I wheeled it out the garage last weekend! You might be able to judge from the shots on the tail end of my build thread. Unfortunately, it's back in the garage with all the other detritus and I can't push it out by myself.. If you can hang on, I'll borrow some help at the weekend..
    Much appreciated mate but don't spoil your week-end over it, I'm not exactly flying along at the minute.

Tim,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    What's 2 3/8ths between friends! Is you body channeled Mike?

My Pop My Intro

Hi Tim,

2 3/8ths is three nats in metric

Not channeled

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

Hi Tim,

2 3/8ths is three nats in metric

Not channeled

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    That's one conversion I couldn't find in the back of me Zeus book! LOL

Not channeled eh! I'm gonna need to fit that grill on as well to see if I've made an uk-up in me calculations, doah as they say!
    I will see if I can get it set up at the week-end and post a few picky's of the outcome on Monday.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Tim,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    gasser style? ive got 19" under my grill. lol