Page 11 of 152 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: V8pop's V8pop

Quote Originally Posted by cossie pop View Post
    geeeez thought mine was tight sit in the arches nice you gonna cut the front wings ? are you going to use the wing/light supports still stop the wings bouncing about may raise the wing a tad with them on
    like em low
    Adie
    Yep sure am Adie, I think the lamp supports will just clear - fingers crossed.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Rover V8 View Post
    Hi Tim,

Great progress, they look much better once the sheet metal is on

Shame about the wing clearance issues. Just a thought, when your on full lock youll need at least 2" clearance to stop you bashing the wing if you have to go up a kerb for example ??

Wouldn't want to see that happen.

You probably have considered this, but thought I would say just in case,

Keep up the great work,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Thanks for the heads up Mike, I intend to rev up my profiling tool again to get an accurate line for the modification. But that will be a while before I start doing serious body work.
    I was real supprised just how different she looked with the front back on, I think when you spend so much time looking at them without the sheet metal on, it sort of lifts you when it goes back on.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Quote Originally Posted by v8pop View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Mike, I intend to rev up my profiling tool again to get an accurate line for the modification. But that will be a while before I start doing serious body work.
    I was real supprised just how different she looked with the front back on, I think when you spend so much time looking at them without the sheet metal on, it sort of lifts you when it goes back on.

Cheers. Tim W.
    Tim,

No worries, I know how easy it is to miss this sort of thing, I did think you would be on the case.

Totally agree ref making it look like a car again, certainly does the trick

Good luck,

Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD

nice work tim but that is low will be nice to see what height once you put the engine in keep up the great work

Images
    Tim are your front wheels 15" or 14" ???
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Quote Originally Posted by 53pop View Post
    nice work tim but that is low will be nice to see what height once you put the engine in keep up the great work
    Thanks Allan, the front coilovers are steel tubes drilled to the correct ride height, so if I've understood Kev (Kapri's) instructions right, it should ride as is when finished.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lang View Post
    Tim are your front wheels 15" or 14" ???
    Steve the fronts are 15's with 155 80 tyres.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Images
    I'm using the same but have a little more clearence as its a bit higher than yours.

Steve the fronts are 15's with 155 80 tyres.

Cheers. Tim W.
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lang View Post
    I'm using the same but have a little more clearence as its a bit higher than yours.
    Oh right, I hope to get the cover right off at the week-end (weather permitting) and roll it across the drive to check the stance. So it may change a little bit yet.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Got a bit of time on Saturday so I rolled her off the slabs and on to the drive to get a better look at the stance…

I’m pretty pleased with that! I decided to turn her round to work on the steering without the now present sun in my eyes. I had to remove the front sheet metal any way so I did that as I’ve got hardly any lock with it on and then I took her out on the Queen’s highway (well the lane) for the first time in many a year.

Started looking at re-fitting the original steering box.

I then had a sudden thought, maybe now would be a good time to offer up the motor to see what type of steering issues I may have. I spent a bit of Sunday morning looking through my pile of RV8 bits to piece together a mock up block, heads and gearbox. It’s starting to feel like a real Hot Rod!!!

Cheers. Tim W.
    Last edited by v8pop; 20-07-10 at 02:25 PM.

My Pop My Intro

Thumbs up

thats sitting nice and low Tim maybe a tad tp low on the front like the way your keeping the original look to the build hope it stays dry for ya
    Adie

Looks great Tim,
    Real glad you got lucky with the weather, sure is low but it ain't gonna be slow

Keep up the great work,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

well that looks great tim when you can see the hole car hope it stays dry for you so you can carry on the great work

Tim,
    Are you 100% that your gonna profile the front wings?

I think they will look odd if you do.
    Too thin on top in comparison with the 'bulk' of wing that is behind the wheel.

Just my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cossie pop View Post
    thats sitting nice and low Tim maybe a tad tp low on the front like the way your keeping the original look to the build hope it stays dry for ya
    Adie
    Cheers Adie - I reckon she'll be OK that height. Yours aint so far off the ground mate, not according to that picture on your sig.

Looks great Tim,
    Real glad you got lucky with the weather, sure is low but it ain't gonna be slow

Keep up the great work,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Cheers Mike, Yep hopefully the sun's with us for a while.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Quote Originally Posted by 53pop View Post
    well that looks great tim when you can see the hole car hope it stays dry for you so you can carry on the great work
    Thanks Allan - Let's hope.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Tim,
    Are you 100% that your gonna profile the front wings?

I think they will look odd if you do.
    Too thin on top in comparison with the 'bulk' of wing that is behind the wheel.

Just my opinion of course.
    Interesting comment Chris, and your opinion (as is other members) is always welcome. I do need to re-profile or something else in order to keep that height, but I see what your saying and appreciate the early warning before I bollax the wings. I will, as last time do a fair bit of planning and calculating prior to chopping them up. It's never easy is it?

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

NSRA member
    That sits nice and low Tim, once the sills are on it will give the impression of being even lower!!

Hope you can sort out your clearance issues, all the best with progress.

Cheers,
    Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by PortlandPop View Post
    That sits nice and low Tim, once the sills are on it will give the impression of being even lower!!

Hope you can sort out your clearance issues, all the best with progress.

Cheers,
    Nick.
    Thanks Nick, fingers crossed mate.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Tim,
    Johns looks similar to your stance, don't think he modified the wings ??

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

Tim,
    Johns looks similar to your stance, don't think he modified the wings ??

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    See what you mean Mike, maybe mine's a wider track, will have to bring me tape rule to Billing this year. Thanks, food for thought mate.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro