Page 53 of 153 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3047

Thread: V8pop's V8pop

Images
    Nice one Tim, plenty of room is good !

Thanks for the comments lads, managed to finish the folds Monday night but yesterday was a wash out. I'm thinking I might put the battery in there out of the way.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

New guest
    well i must say, ive just looked through your whole thread and your doing a great job, im very impressed, ive just got a standard pop and your thread just makes me want to get started!

Quote Originally Posted by RatBoss View Post
    well i must say, ive just looked through your whole thread and your doing a great job, im very impressed, ive just got a standard pop and your thread just makes me want to get started!
    Thanks for the comments mate and if my threads got you keen then it's done it's job.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Hi Tim,

Still doing a cracking job there mate, good to see you making good progress while the sun shines, keep at it,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD

Very nice use of the space and looks good, nicely done

Images
    Good job Tim
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Thanks for the comments and encouragement lads, a bit more done at the week-end...

Finished folding the plates during the week.

Then fettled them in on Saturday.

Welded the curved flange on them.

Tacked them in ready to stitch weld on Sunday

For some reason it took some time but got them stitched in on Sunday morning

Took the wing off and that’s where I left it

Just need to plug the hole in the inner wing, shape the new rear piece and fit a brace across the corner to the bottom of the boot return and that’s that all put to bed.

That’s it for now, more when I do more.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Images
    Good progress Tim.

nice again tim keep at will soon be there

NSRA member
    Images
    Good stuff, watch the sunburn !

you're getting rather good at that tim.

Its looking good, as usual Tim, keep it up mate

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement lads.

Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    you're getting rather good at that tim.
    Thanks mate, I feel like I'm getting to grips with the thin stuff now Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Mark View Post
    Nice work tim . With the tray sitting between the exhausts you could do a few jacket spuds on your way to a show

Catch you at billing I hope
    Thanks Mark, nice one, if I can sell a few it will help with the petrol costs as well mate.

Be good to catch up - I should be there from noon on Sunday (07980 463971). I'll be the one looking envious mate.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

New guest
    What a grrat read i know the working out side feeling when rain keeps stoping play , the only thing i wouuld have done which i may have missed is to have a drain hole at the back of the frenched light , from doing the same with out one , there always seems to be water that manages to stay there , but a great job hope for more updates soon

Images
    great stuff Tin enjoy billing

Hi Tim,

Top job mate, looks real good. As Mark said get the spuds going, and I'll make the Chilli

Hope to catch up at Billing,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD

I hope your wearing a face mask when your welding that galvy metal galvy flu is not good mate see you at Billing cars looking good .

Quote Originally Posted by spokido View Post
    I hope your wearing a face mask when your welding that galvy metal galvy flu is not good mate see you at Billing cars looking good .
    unless i'm mistaken tim's using zintec, not half as 'fumey' as galvanised sheet and nicer to weld too. plus being outside has some advantages what with good ventilation and all .

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    What a grrat read i know the working out side feeling when rain keeps stoping play , the only thing i wouuld have done which i may have missed is to have a drain hole at the back of the frenched light , from doing the same with out one , there always seems to be water that manages to stay there , but a great job hope for more updates soon
    Thanks for the comments mate, holes are in there, probably not easily seen in the picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamin Black A View Post
    great stuff Tin enjoy billing
    Thanks Pete, I'll try, you not going mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover V8 View Post
    Hi Tim,

Top job mate, looks real good. As Mark said get the spuds going, and I'll make the Chilli

Hope to catch up at Billing,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Thanks Mike, Chilli sounds good. Yeah hope to catch you there under an umbrella mate.

Quote Originally Posted by spokido View Post
    It's Zintec Wade, but I do keep an eye on the H & S mate. Thanks, be good to meet up mate.

Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    unless i'm mistaken tim's using zintec, not half as 'fumey' as galvanised sheet and nicer to weld too. plus being outside has some advantages what with good ventilation and all .
    Quite right Neil, the fumes got a good damping down this week-end mate

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro