Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for some Kustoms

Quote Originally Posted by artiboy69 View Post
    The Executioners started the Meltdown? Really? Your own club website doesn't even make that claim. The Meltdown was the idea of Tim Baggaley, then editor of CC, as a bit of light relief after instigating the Street Eliminator series in '97 - the same year your club started, I believe.

Of course, if you have just made Tim a member of your club in the last hour or so then okay, yes, an Executioner started the Flathead Meltdown.

You'll be telling us you invented Robert Williams next...

Well, you're both kinda right boys. It was actually Tim and I that came up with the idea for the Meltdown when we had a couple of trophies left over from a rained off Street Eliminator round and I wanted an excuse to race my roadster and beat Billy again LOL. Of course Tim took the credit as he was editor back then, but I raced in that first Meltdown. And as I'm now an Executioner Crusty's claim almost holds water. Almost...

And as for my truck included in a kustom thread - I'm not sure it qualifies.....yet (grille and light treatment to come if I don't sell it)

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by kev elliott View Post
    Well, you're both kinda right boys. It was actually Tim and I that came up with the idea for the Meltdown when we had a couple of trophies left over from a rained off Street Eliminator round and I wanted an excuse to race my roadster and beat Billy again LOL. Of course Tim took the credit as he was editor back then, but I raced in that first Meltdown. And as I'm now an Executioner Crusty's claim almost holds water. Almost...

And as for my truck included in a kustom thread - I'm not sure it qualifies.....yet (grille and light treatment to come if I don't sell it)

Kev
    Thank you Kev. If you remember all 3 of us were in the Trotters sorry Throttlers at the time.
    And as for your truck, well it made it across the desert and we had to "modify" parts of it on route! Keep it, carry on customising it, after all its been through a-lot! hehehe

Images

Found those pics

Following on from the request for more work in progress shots...
    Found those pics of the car Bass is building over on the HAMB. He's been posting updates for a while and it's just stunning. I'll try not to get too carried away with the pics but the workmanship on this car is simply stunning.

in the beginning

after some chassis work

The bodywork begins

adding the front of a Mercury hood

I have a few more if you want to see 'em
    Started with nothing and still got most of it.

www.tootall.info

My Intro

My Ride

been watching that Chevy, as an owner of one like it, just looking at the marvelous fit of his fender skirst makes me panic!!

there is a pontiac beng worked over on the HAMB, i won't post pics as there are so many, but i will post up a link.

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showt...highlight=flop

kustom fans beware!! clicking on the link will absorb hours of your life, alienate your partner, and make you go pale and sweaty........

And here's another hamb thread on Sectioning a 50 Chevy, I've found it very enlightening and enteraining.

Enjoy

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...hlight=section

Oh and Tootall, Bass' car is ery nice indeed, that is some lovely metal work!!

Best thread on here for ages, great cars , great work great links, original ideas, cant beat it .. its about CARS.. MORE...

Taff that is an awesome link, I love the idea of grafting on the caddy hood portions, very cool!

Having said that, bass did a very nice job with the merc portion on his!!
    Last edited by gotzy; 06-02-09 at 11:23 PM.

Bare metal baby

A few more randoms

Sectioned, nice!

Classic class

Caddy lights?

More sectioning, cool!

Love the grille on this Merc

Light options from here down

Quote Originally Posted by gotzy View Post

OH that cam shaft doesnt work for me, but the rest, oh yes!! Keep em coming!

Images

nice to see hes left the trunk alone,,

always loved this`photo

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kev elliott View Post

Kev
    kev that was my before shot!!!!!!and great article on chopping the 50 chev in r&c

Here's my rambler wagon, been doing the suspension, stuck a narrowed jag clip in and notched everything to get him low, going to be a mild kustom on steels and wide whites and be my daily again when finished

Quote Originally Posted by Dragsterbus View Post
    Here's my rambler wagon, been doing the suspension, stuck a narrowed jag clip in and notched everything to get him low, going to be a mild kustom on steels and wide whites and be my daily again when finished
    A nice an refreshingly different choice of car - pre-Kenosha Caddi! what engine's going in - it would be nice to see a 360 or 401 AMC ? plenty of tuning stuff available now!

57' Plymouth Chop

I remember as a young teen some (well many!) years ago being given some old custom US car mags that my mother had picked up at a jumble sale. They were all late 50's early 60's (can't remember titles) but one car briefly shown in a 'readers rides' type section in the magazine impressed me over all the others - it was a '57 Plymouth coupe that had a radical chopped roof and a body section job plus what looked like extended or modified fins. This was so low, when the owner stood alongside the car only came up to height of his chest. Now has anyone got a picture of something like this?

Kurt Mc Cormick's customs

One guys has owned them all, sick!

Westergard built 41 Caddy

Don't know who built these but they are cool

Sam Barris's 50 Buick

Heb Ogden's Buick, beautiful!!!!

Custom Studebaker Hawk

Back in the early 80's I met an old boy out on his place just outside of Leighton Buzzard (Don Impson? may have been his name) had a smallholding or truck repair yard close to the weighstation. He had a red 61/62 Continental rag top. The really interesting car was something that had been standing for some years in his workshop - a rather worse for wear, a 50's custom Studebaker Hawk. This had some fairly radical body mods done to it - not by this guy but, wait for it by George Barris (so he said - I wouldn't have know the difference myself back then) Anyone know anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by roscobbc View Post
    A nice an refreshingly different choice of car - pre-Kenosha Caddi! what engine's going in - it would be nice to see a 360 or 401 AMC ? plenty of tuning stuff available now!
    Got a 2.5 daimler hemi with a 4speed and overdrive that i'm thinking of using, trying to resist getting carried away (again!)

Quote Originally Posted by gotzy View Post
    Taff that is an awesome link, I love the idea of grafting on the caddy hood portions, very cool!

Having said that, bass did a very nice job with the merc portion on his!!
    i know. killer amount of bodywork, but as he says it will look so "stock" people won't know what has been done to it