Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Time for some Kustoms

crust, that car was butt ugly, takes a lot of vision to see its hidden beauty...

Quote Originally Posted by mike noble View Post
    crust, that car was butt ugly, takes a lot of vision to see its hidden beauty...
    i'll go along with that, the profile is so boxy on the stocker, ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by crusty View Post
    Yeah Kev but very rarely do british cars look any good, way to boxy and way, way to small, the majority of them have no style about them. To term a phrase "you cant polish a turd"
    I'd agree to a point,probably only 4 or 5 models that cut it for me anyway . However not everyone can afford a Yank ,either to buy or run.
    Galations 6:7

Quote Originally Posted by mike noble View Post

Looks like an early 2 doored Hawk to me in stock form?

Anyway a couple of before and after shots
    What a waste .............. Why they raised the roof and painted it black is beyond me !!!!!

Enough talk, more pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Rice you have a P.M

Taff I did say "very rarely" .......

Anyway a couple of before and after shots
    In a similar vein to Crusty's before and after pics .....heres some old ( very old !! ) shots of my old Fleetline.....

I don't seem to have any pics to hand of it in it's gunmetal phase ...my favourite colour for this car....but these show how simple , modest changes to a car can create a stylish car , IMHO , WITHOUT spending or doing too much.

Here's the car , the day after I drove her back from collecting her in London ...Totally stock

Heres a shot of a few weeks later when she had been lowered a bit and whitewalls fitted.....Already looking tons better

Then I de-trimmed her , nosed , decked , single bonnet , shaved handles etc and painted black again....The handles were just removed , passenger opened from inside only and drivers had a small hole in outer skin , with a small round black fridge magnet to cover it which when slid out of the way allowed you to push the lock release through the hole with a small screwdriver !! Those 'bullet ' hubcaps are just stock hubcaps with two rubber bumpstops bolted in the centre....No fancy solenoids or expense spent here !!

AND THEN OBVIOUSLY .....This ..

The second and third pics really demonstrate that it aint all about loads of complicated or expensive mods....
    Last edited by lancelot link; 12-04-09 at 02:16 PM.

Here's a shot taken outside Bob's house Gary when I was waiting for you to arrive to collect it ... 1987 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Epy View Post
    Taff the last pics that you posted didn't show on my screen is it cause I'm a guest?

sorry mate. they are hosted on my imageshack pro account. it costs me money to keep that account, and i felt it was unreasonable of others to expect me to pay for it while they benefit without contributing towards it.....

shame taff, many were enjoying your posts.
    ....... i took a DA to that yellow paint today !

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    sorry mate. they are hosted on my imageshack pro account. it costs me money to keep that account, and i felt it was unreasonable of others to expect me to pay for it while they benefit without contributing towards it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post

looks like the new forum has come early

A few nice period photos. Sorry if they've been posted before. Plenty more here: http://kustomcarpictures.com/index.html
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Just a few more...

Images
    Thanks to you all for keeping this great thread going for so long. I'll not be here once the new regime kicks in tonight but all you kustom fans are very welcome to come on over to the UK Kustoms site and carry on using our forum free of charge, club member or not.

Just pop over to www.ukkustoms.co.uk register and click on the forum link.

I'll be posting some of my pics from VLV over there and they are well worth a look !
    Started with nothing and still got most of it.

www.tootall.info

My Intro

My Ride

gonna miss ya m8......... got some work for you soon

Heres mine Paul, its been around a while. Built by Al Maiden in the 80's. Finshed the year I was born lol

Look at what's in front of this Mercury, a Mk 1 Consul