Thread: SOTF ( Lords of dicipline )

SOTF ( Lords of dicipline )

Just read the posts by KEN57, and he's pic's reminded me of a film with several of those cars in called " Lords of Dicipline ".

Have you seen it..........?

Who had a car in it.........?

I believe the star car was Lyndon's 57 Chevy Ragtop ( TRU 57 )

I had to wait to buy the red and white '56 from Colin Dennis until the film was finished ! Also you may notice that the '57 convert in some shots has electric windows and some shots manual , this was because parts were filmed in the US and some overhere ! (one of my favourite photos )

How about 'The Lords Of Flatbush?'

Lords of Discipline was a movie to forget!

Some exterior scenes of the military college in the movie were filmed just a quarter of a mile down the road from me here in Binfield, they used Newbold College which is owned by the Seventh Day Adventist church.

I heard that Lyndon Smith got a brand new convertible top made for his silver '57 so that it matched the car they were using for filming in the US. Any truth in that?

L.P.
    My Intro

Official UK Importer of Hop Up Magazine and Merchandise. Check out the website at www.crossroadsspeedshop.company.store

filmed entirely in England, as none of the American military academies would allow filming on their grounds because of the book's less-than-positive portrayal of life at a military academy.

Wink

Not a movie to forget if your pride and joy just happened to be appearing in it, Mikeyboy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphabet Alex View Post
    Not a movie to forget if your pride and joy just happened to be appearing in it, Mikeyboy!!
    Granted...but it was a crappy film.

I bet there's a fair few that got quite excited about the title and then found out it was only about trainee soldiers!

Of course I don't mean you Mikey....

L.P.
    My Intro

Official UK Importer of Hop Up Magazine and Merchandise. Check out the website at www.crossroadsspeedshop.company.store

Quote Originally Posted by Motorama View Post
    filmed entirely in England, as none of the American military academies would allow filming on their grounds because of the book's less-than-positive portrayal of life at a military academy.
    I think we need Colin Dennis to confirm as I'm sure my comment above about the electric windows is correct ........................... or is this now getting a little sad

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Foreman View Post
    I think we need Colin Dennis to confirm as I'm sure my comment above about the electric windows is correct ........................... or is this now getting a little sad
    You might be right, i pulled that comment off of Wikipedia, but they could have done a bit in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Alphabet Alex View Post
    Would that be the same for " South Of Watford " " Wanna put your money were your mouth is...? " Mikeyboy....

A certain night around New Cross and a Mk1 Zodiac comes to mind...?

You " Shy " filmstar you

we had a car in, the green 57 pontiac, if youre really quick you can just make out the corner of it in one of the scenes, cant remember whereabouts in the film it was though.

Im sure there was a difference in the screens on the conv 57, think it was the US one had a top tint and the UK one didnt.

Ill see if i can dig out the fotos of some of the cars.

There was an easy way to tell what cars were in the filming, they all had a sticker in the front screen, im sure ive a picture of it somewhere, not sure how many people kept em in there though.

i thought the 57 conv was Glen Moodys ???

cheers
    si

Glen Moody's is a white one with red trim, it appears in that 'Absolute Beginners' movie owned by the character played by Lionel Blair!

I hired Glen and his car for the main wedding car for my first marriage in 1987. In hindsight it was the best part of the whole bloody rigmarole......

Happy now though!

L.P.
    My Intro

Is Glen still about ?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Foreman View Post
    Is Glen still about ?

Saw him on Boxing Day at the Sarrat classic car and bike meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Purple of Binfield View Post
    Glen Moody's is a white one with red trim, it appears in that 'Absolute Beginners' movie owned by the character played by Lionel Blair!
    now you said it, i can remember it.

heres some of the pictures from the filming, these are the only ones i could find.

Didn't that 57 Buick belong to Alan Deer...?

I am sure that got broke up...?

yeah it was Als, not sure what happened to it though, aint seen him for about 5 years or so

Yes they did shot in the states with another car, Lyndon either wouldn't sell or allow them to take it over there, (can you imagine how trashed it would have got) unless your with it.
    The yellow Buick is "Bowlers" They did use Glen Moodys 57 Pontiac i think.
    My old 56 Sold to Steve Forman, was used but the director didn't like red so was only seen from the rear, We all made some money from that film,

Quote Originally Posted by SW6 View Post
    Yes they did shot in the states with another car, Lyndon either wouldn't sell or allow them to take it over there, (can you imagine how trashed it would have got) unless your with it.
    The yellow Buick is "Bowlers" They did use Glen Moodys 57 Pontiac i think.
    My old 56 Sold to Steve Forman, was used but the director didn't like red so was only seen from the rear, We all made some money from that film,
    Yes Colin and don't know if you knew but I sold the car to a guy from Sweden .