Thread: 40 Ford Wheel Question

Images

40 Ford Wheel Question

QUESTION

is there a 15 steel wheel that will fit on the 40 ford stud pattern? also what size wheels come as standard on a 40 ford (front) cheers
    ------------------------------------------------

ANSWERS

Should be 5 on 51/2 pcd - same as Ford pickups up to very recently and most earlier Jeeps.

40 ford wheels are 16*4 with the pcd as advise by ddooce above.
    Chris

F100 pickups up to about 62 or so (I'm a bit shakey on this) have a wheel that is like a 15" version of the 40's 16 X 4" wheel. the hubcaps fit to internal nubs.
    Mercs and I think later pickups have similar wheels but they have bigger hubcaps on external nubs. Later still pickups have a (in my opinion) slightly less attractive wheel with bigger windows around the centre.
    You can buy 15" versions of the 16" trim rings too.
    I have a set of f100 15" wheels, with 40's caps and 15" trim rings on my 40 and they look great.
    Mart.
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Admin

test by Doug

is there a 15 steel wheel that will fit on the 40 ford stud pattern? also what size wheels come as standard on a 40 ford (front) cheers

Should be 5 on 51/2 pcd - same as Ford pickups up to very recently and most earlier Jeeps.

40 ford wheels are 16*4 with the pcd as advise by ddooce above.
    Chris

F100 pickups up to about 62 or so (I'm a bit shakey on this) have a wheel that is like a 15" version of the 40's 16 X 4" wheel. the hubcaps fit to internal nubs.
    Mercs and I think later pickups have similar wheels but they have bigger hubcaps on external nubs. Later still pickups have a (in my opinion) slightly less attractive wheel with bigger windows around the centre.
    You can buy 15" versions of the 16" trim rings too.
    I have a set of f100 15" wheels, with 40's caps and 15" trim rings on my 40 and they look great.
    Mart.
    "Praise the lowered"

My Intro