Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humber hot rod...

Humber hot rod...

...anyone recognise this one..?

http://www.carandclassic.com/car/C83130/

NSRA Committee
    Hi John, it used to belong to John Cyples, from Bromsgrove way I think. Had a blown sbc and a narrow Jag rear. It was then bought by Trevor from Wolverhampton who used to do the hauling around of the NSRA giveaway cars. I don't think it had the blower when Trevor had it. I don't think it was run on the street by either of them and after a couple of aggressive launches Trevor discovered that the rear end location needed some 'fine tuning'.
    Don't know where it went after Trevor sold it (along with his black and flamed F100 and yellow sbf Mk 1 Zodiac).

Just noticed the ebay link and the current owner is 'Trev', pretty sure it's not the same one though.
    Last edited by 40Stude; 13-03-09 at 05:23 PM.

I don't remember it. When are we talking..?

NSRA Committee
    I'd say Trevor had it at least eight or nine years ago, it's always been redoxide. Seem to remember it always running hot, maybe that was just when it had the blower though.

The phone numbers Preston but carn't recall seeing it at the cruise

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 40Stude View Post
    Hi John, it used to belong to John Cyples, from Bromsgrove way I think. Had a blown sbc and a narrow Jag rear. It was then bought by Trevor from Wolverhampton who used to do the hauling around of the NSRA giveaway cars. I don't think it had the blower when Trevor had it. I don't think it was run on the street by either of them and after a couple of aggressive launches Trevor discovered that the rear end location needed some 'fine tuning'.
    Don't know where it went after Trevor sold it (along with his black and flamed F100 and yellow sbf Mk 1 Zodiac).

Just noticed the ebay link and the current owner is 'Trev', pretty sure it's not the same one though.
    Definately Trevs Alan....not spoke to him since before christmas and he was bit down on te scene then..so his must be the result..nice car with a bit of tlc..baz
    jus cos you have to grow old doesn't mean you have to grow up!!

Last i heard he still had it, Must have sold it recently ? shame i always liked it.
    "Stand away from the keyboard and put your hands behind your back !" (LOL)

I'd say Trevor had it at least eight or nine years ago, it's always been redoxide. Seem to remember it always running hot, maybe that was just when it had the blower though.
    not that long ago Al probably about 5 years or so I rember john selling it an trev turning up to jct2 cruise in it .
    Cheers Ian

NSRA Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by yellacar View Post
    not that long ago Al probably about 5 years or so I rember john selling it an trev turning up to jct2 cruise in it .
    Cheers Ian
    You could be right Ian but you know how time flies for us oldun's.

So did Trev not sell it back then, I thought he did?

Images

Never had a blower when I knew it & John, remember him selling it as he'd become disollusioned with the scene & went to work for another NSRA member, Barr Pritchard who has a 33 Morris sedan (& a pub!). Not seen or heard from him since then. It's never been recorded by the club since John sold it.
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

i remember the 2000 euro nats in france, the car was gettin thrown around in the road ruts, johns missus was petrified !! the roads were terrible.

NSRA Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by MisteR Tee View Post
    Never had a blower when I knew it & John, remember him selling it as he'd become disollusioned with the scene & went to work for another NSRA member, Barr Pritchard who has a 33 Morris sedan (& a pub!). Not seen or heard from him since then. It's never been recorded by the club since John sold it.
    John certainly put a blower on it before he sold it, he brought it to the Hot Rod Drags, just the once with the blower, I think it was a 6/71 but I wouldn't swear to it. Colin Pugh might know, with his Humber woodie he keeps track of this kind of stuff, infact he may have a pic taken somewhere of his woodie, the sedan and the chopped Humbersaurus, I'll have to ask him. I know John organised the Hot Rod Drags cruise to Barr Pritchard's pub at Wootten Wawen one year. From memory, he got into bikes, lost interest in the rod scene and that's when Trevor acquired the car. Trying to retrack through my mind, as Ian said earlier Trevor may have had the car five years ago, I'm trying to remember when he helped me rescue my Volvo P1800 from a lock up about to be demolished by the council, and I'm sure that was nigh on six years ago and I'm sure he had the car for a while before that.

When do you think John parted with the car Maurice?

I know nothing about this car and don't remember seeing it...BUT, in the dare to be different category, it looks an excellent rod to me!

I think the blower was removed as part of the deal when trevor had the car, was around five or six years ago more towards six as i don't think i was with the other half when trev had it.
    "Stand away from the keyboard and put your hands behind your back !" (LOL)

Im sure this is the one that was running around at the 98 nats at essex, had the blower on it them, havent seen it since, i can hear the blower whining now, sounded awesome , i have footage of it on one of my dvds.

Images
    John certainly put a blower on it before he sold it, he brought it to the Hot Rod Drags, just the once with the blower, I think it was a 6/71 but I wouldn't swear to it. Colin Pugh might know, with his Humber woodie he keeps track of this kind of stuff, infact he may have a pic taken somewhere of his woodie, the sedan and the chopped Humbersaurus, I'll have to ask him. I know John organised the Hot Rod Drags cruise to Barr Pritchard's pub at Wootten Wawen one year. From memory, he got into bikes, lost interest in the rod scene and that's when Trevor acquired the car. Trying to retrack through my mind, as Ian said earlier Trevor may have had the car five years ago, I'm trying to remember when he helped me rescue my Volvo P1800 from a lock up about to be demolished by the council, and I'm sure that was nigh on six years ago and I'm sure he had the car for a while before that.

When do you think John parted with the car Maurice?
    Must have been in 2002 as he bought another rod then, an A sedan delivery in December. What happened to that?

Can't find any record of the Humber now, which is strange.
    MisteR Tee

NSRA Committee
    A good nudge there Mo, now you mention it, I remember the A. So is the Trev that's selling it now the same Trev that had it six years or so ago? I was sure he sold it, it's a bit late now but I'll have to contact my 'sources' (ok, the Hollins family) in the morning to find out. Last I heard, the Trev I knew went down to Redditch or thereabouts, so Preston is a bit of a surprise but who knows?

Images
    Good excuse for a visit to Barr's pub I reckon!!! No good asking me to go as I got lost when we cruised there before & was the last one to arrive!!!
    MisteR Tee

Images
    Yes guys, that is the same 'Trev' that is selling it.
    Oh,and he is based just outside Wolverhampton Al.
    Last edited by Captain Scarlet; 14-03-09 at 12:52 AM. Reason: added 'Oh'