Thread: "PLASTIC" suspention bush's

Question "PLASTIC" suspention bush's

Need to make a hard "plastic" top mount for a strut.
    Correct name for this would help also !
    Can get it turned down, anyone have a supplier ?
    Cheers

That'll be eura.. uatha... err ...plastic
    urethane, wisbech do a inner, outer and bush "kit" if that helps

NSRA member
    Images
    There's various grades of engineering plastic with different properties, probably interspersed with trade names too eg Delrin. Delrin for instance is very hard, dunno about any self lubricating properties. Loads of offcuts etc on ebay. Search lathe.
    Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

When I was at Kugels they used UHMW which is white , doesn't need lube & easy to machine. They still use it for all their suspension front , rear & Jag bushings.
    Steve
    www.limeworkspeedshop.com

No ! Daimler is an English Company !!!!!!!

Images
    wisbech do all you may need, 01553 828038

Ikea...
    Go get a kitchen chopping block and shape it to suit.

Delrin or nylon will do what you want it to. Delrin is slightly harder than nylon if I recall.

Thanks guys, I'm onto it now

Try useing skate-board wheels, and if my memory still serves my wright, did they not come in different grades of hardness. Come in various colours (don't know if colour denoted hardness).

Marek

Marek i can see you now complete with baseball cap on wonky LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wolselliac View Post
    Try useing skate-board wheels, and if my memory still serves my wright, did they not come in different grades of hardness. Come in various colours (don't know if colour denoted hardness).

Marek
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist