Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** The London Tunnel Run Route ***

Thumbs up

some nice pics their russ them street lights give ol rotten a nice glow,bet it looks great under seafront colourd lights
    cant wait to see the tunnel run pic thread
    adie

we got totaly lost at one point then got back on route. we finaly made it to mc donalds and were the first to arrive around 11.30ish. it was a good nite and well done to all arranged it.

Images
    Yep cracking night, e got lost many times but it seemed every mile or so you would hook up witha Rod/Yank.
    We ended the night in Greenwich!!!!!!!!, god knows how we managed that it was one of those nights where you didn,t want to be the lead car if you didn,t know where you were going lol.
    Following that 600 + cube black dodge was something else, setting of the car alarms on the Posh cars in Mayfair and Berkley square lol, and the tunnels with all those trendy clubbers getting a taste of a few V8,s giving it large brought a massive smile to our faces.
    Shame we didn,t make it to the end though got back to Luton at 3.30am.
    Very well done to the guys who organised it, who cares that we got lost it was the best night in years.
    www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
    IMPORTER OF AMERICAN CARS AND PARTS, SHIPPER OF PARTS, SPEEDWAY MOTORS DEALER/STOCKIST, BROOKVILLE DEALER, O'BRIEN TRUCKERS DEALER, CARS INC TRI CHEVY STOCKIST AND DEALER, . https://www.facebook.com/randrhotrodimports/
    ALL MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS TAKEN

Quote Originally Posted by crumble View Post
    we got totaly lost at one point then got back on route. we finaly made it to mc donalds and were the first to arrive around 11.30ish. it was a good nite and well done to all arranged it.
    How?!!!

I was at the back, arrived at Chelsea bridge and left at 10 bang on the dot. 11:30 I was still sat in a queue at Knightsbridge. Traffic was just a complete nightmare the whole way so didn't have so much fun

Got to the O2 at about 1:30am or something but I don't know where the McDonalds is so caned it round the peninsula roundabout, whupped some hot hatches on the A2 and headed home.

Was great to see all the lost rods around London. Not me though (I wasn't in a rod )

thanks

thanks for help with car, (rottenpop in the middle of london,dw123 and his mate with jump leads at mcdonalds) had a great night

Just dragged my backside out of me bed

Had a real good nite and looking forward to the next one but i getting a sat nav next time lol

And im running uncorked next time (tis the only way ill be able to here mine) lol
    Last edited by vince-305; 29-03-09 at 01:21 PM.

Damn that was good! Thanks to dw for his hard work and to EVERYONE who showed. That was the best event I've been to in years! I'm STILL excited!!!!!!

I got lost at least 3 times and I knew where I was going. Sat Nav didn't help!

think we were the last to get to the mcdonalds at around 3am,
    cooling fan problem on a mates pontiac, the guage was at 280deg,
    got that sorted,
    then the fan belt on Larrys 57 chevy chose to cut a groove in the bottom hose on the south side of London bridge, that took a good hour or so to fix, all these you could say were minor problems, all part the night out,
    i'm guessing plenty got lost as we saw loads of rods going down roads not on the route,
    great night out,nice change to go to an event and actually drive your car a bit,
    was i the only to notice,but does the area around the london eye attract all the local drunks and winos?
    got home around 4am,
    ps, thanks to all envolved in putting the event on.

well me crumble and pervy are champions of the tunnle run 2009. we was gussin what modle of car would arive next after us.

good night. following all the smoke city gang down in there ozone poluting gass guzzling beasts to the ace and then on yo chelsea.

good night. cudnt beleve how busy it still was at that time of night!

we split from lary and the ssw gang intraffic on the way down but it was a case of... 'we cant be far theres caralarms going off in front' 'did you hear that' lol

cort up with um just round the corner and arrived at chelsea tgether.
    cheers guys

I just wanna know what those dodge chargers were running

(the misses is smittern) lol

Quote Originally Posted by vince-305 View Post
    I just wanna know what those dodge chargers were running

(the misses is smittern) lol
    do'ya mean the black ones?
    ones 512c.i. the other is 605c.i.

yep theres one that she would sell her sole for lol black with white/silver at rear (died and gone to heaven) her words
    Last edited by vince-305; 29-03-09 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by autoholic View Post
    Damn that was good! Thanks to dw for his hard work and to EVERYONE who showed. That was the best event I've been to in years! I'm STILL excited!!!!!!
    I'll second that! Cracking night. Still got the smell of burning rubber in my nostrils.

Quote Originally Posted by damien View Post
    thanks for help with car, (rottenpop in the middle of london,dw123 and his mate with jump leads at mcdonalds) had a great night
    so you made it to the 02?you did better than us then,we just spent the night driving round piccadilly haha

red71stang

Fantastic night

Many thanks to the organizers
    Never had so much fun getting lost
    Had fun filling those railway arches with tyre smoke

those poor kids queing to get into the clubs

The Eye was a great Photo opportunity.
    Did anyone count how many cars tried to make the run, we reckon it must have bee about 100

Talking

Brilliant night .....cheers dave for organising it, i did do a bit of a write up took me about an hour to type it up .....posted it on here then things started happening with nsra site and next thing is its not there and i didnt save it,so i aint gonna write it up again,,,,,,anyway long story short carb probs ment i needed RAC low loaded lift home and got in about 6.10am.......BIG THANKS! to cabby for coming to our rescue and taking the wife home while i waited for the rac..........one thing is there anyone one here that cabby has NOT helped?.........top bloke!.................ps......i`ll let others tell you what happened with cabby and phone calls while we was all at mcdonalds near the 02 arena?.......FLMAO!.......TOAD.

Quote Originally Posted by blown pop View Post

good night. following all the smoke city gang down in there ozone poluting gass guzzling beasts to the ace and then on yo chelsea.

good night. cudnt beleve how busy it still was at that time of night!
    we was going to bring this along

but nowing wot the traffic is like driving this around up there

we new the traffic would be bad so thought best not
    it allways runs about 200-210deg and as for the view cant see much with the blower in the way and the mechanical secondrys do like a drop of four star.

Images
    Yer well done Dave for organising 'The London Tunnel Run'.

Got lost a couple of times round Mayfair, setting off car alarms. Soon picked up route with Yanks and Rods everywhere and tyre marks courtsey of the Chargers.

'London Eye' stop was spectular for the photo shoot. PS do you have a web site or phone number of the guy taking the pic's here.

Also had fun in the railway arch after the black Charger filled it with smoke, He He, those kids must have smelt nicely of tyre smoke going to the clubs.

Made it to McDonalds. Roll on 'Tunnel Run 2'.

Quote Originally Posted by TOAD View Post
    ps......i`ll let others tell you what happened with cabby and phone calls while we was all at mcdonalds near the 02 arena?.......FLMAO!.......TOAD.
    Surely Tony didn't get lost......?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dig these feet View Post
    Surely Tony didn't get lost......?
    who tony?.....dont be silly ..........hehehehe......yes he did.........lmao..........toad