Thread: Spank My Marketer

Spank My Marketer

It seems there are no limits to how low big corporations will stoop in order to shift their wares.

http://spankmymarketer.com/tenneco.html

Chris magazines in the States have been doing this for the last 50 years. They promote and new doo dah on the current mag project (which is generally owned by the editor or feature writer) or a friends car with no reference to any alternatives on the market and any problems that may have occured during install or subsequent use. There are several products that spring to mind that have had a less than favourable response from the general buying public and the enthusiasts that bought them. They have, in the main had nothing but problems with these products but the mags continue to plug em as long as they keep recieving the free samples.

These clandestine feature ads are a good way to get companies to spend advertising $$$'s with the magazine houses. It's all business really, what makes the world go round as they say. They need the income, the readers need articles about new products. The problem with it all arises when the mag is too much in bed with the selling company they cannot give an honest or less than positive review even if it is warranted. That is bad for the readers who buy based on what they read in thes articles and the mags long term credability.

This TV station is no different, it just uses an alternative media to work in. Have a quick look at the film 'fast and furious' Every seat in every car and every harness is made by Sparco!!! There is a long lingering frame of a 30 foot high Pepsi sign. This TV company is just taking product placement to the next level. Apparently, if you belive the lawers without these companies knowledge or permission! That begs the question why do it then if ther is no return on the plugs?
    Last edited by Adam; 01-01-08 at 05:20 PM.
    1955-56-57 Chevy new and used parts always available from www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk

Immoral, poss, illegal, maybe.......but just remember folks you never get product placement in a RAD RODS DVD...just good clean family entertainment....!!!!!!!

Images
    Harty you have far too much spare time on your hands LOL

Quote Originally Posted by harty View Post
    It seems there are no limits to how low big corporations will stoop in order to shift their wares.

http://spankmymarketer.com/tenneco.html

Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by langy View Post
    thats because you done all the work steve!!!

Quote Originally Posted by langy View Post
    Your right, I do seem to have a lot more spare time on my hands now, can't imagine what I've been doing for the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by harty View Post
    Your right, I do seem to have a lot more spare time on my hands now, can't imagine what I've been doing for the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by poprodder View Post
    thats because you done all the work steve!!!

Not a lot apparently.