Thread: Axle Width ?

Axle Width ?

what is the ideal width of front and rear axles for a 34 ford?
    any advice appreciated,
    andy.

Images
    Depends if its fenderless or not really, Fendered do best with a 55-56" rear as it sits the wheels in the fenders better and allows lowering, fenderless can go a little wider but not too much as it will look silly.
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

cheers steve, do any axles come that width stock, or do i need to get one narrowed to suit?
    andy

Images
    Mustang II 8" is a good one at 56" but is 4 stud so needs restudding. I'm in the process of jigging up for restudding so if you need one done let me know.

Quite a few Fords came with 57" axles but to be honest the chance of getting one these days is getting slimmer.

There is a list of Ford 8" & 9" fitments in the Tech archives, I will have a look for it.
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist