Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The doctor calls...

Looking good Paul.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Images
    Aaaaand still plodding on.
    Engine is pretty much complete mechanically. The manifold is now "sorted" and just needs some tickling up. It now looks like this.

Name:  modified intake manifold.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  149.9 KB
    The back was opened up, weld added to the outside to allow the internal shape to be modified to match the original shape of the front. A flange was made and added to allow an adaptor to be fitted which will take the throttle body. The T/B will be turned through 90 degrees.
    You may ask why? The 2.0 dohc is actually quite wide at the front on the manifold side and it was either mod it or cut a piece of the bonnet away.
    A pull type clutch slave has arrived so once I get the new clutch I can convert to hydraulic.
    Layabout.

Images
    Smart thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Morris460 View Post
    A pull type clutch slave has arrived so once I get the new clutch I can convert to hydraulic.
    is that a wilwood slave? me and scott used a couple of those (both on 4 cylinder pop's as it happens). we made a bracket to mount one end of the cylinder under the engine mount and extended the rod on the other end through the bellhousing (where the cable used to go) to the release arm. nice light clutch with good feel.
    neil.

edit: this one? https://www.rallydesign.co.uk/produc...oducts_id=4080

Images
    You've been peeking at my notes Neil
    Layabout.

Quote Originally Posted by Morris460 View Post
    You've been peeking at my notes Neil
    who me?

Images
    I've been doing major work in the garden, finally got back on it yesterday. I'm also making a bike carrier for my Jumbuck so my time is still limited.
    I found some cast aluminium bends online so ordered one with a 55mm bore (slightly larger than the T/B diameter). I cut the T/B flange off the remnants of the intake, machined it flat and put a counterbore in to locate the bend. At the other end I made a matching flange to the one I had already fitted to the manifold.
    Weld it up and here it is. Welding's not the best, the bend welded well but was a bit dirty.

Name:  intake adapter 1.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  194.5 KB

Name:  intake adapter 2.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  246.2 KB
    Layabout.

of course had you welded the flange to the side of the manifold you wouldn't need the elbow at all, just saying
    neil.

Images
    It's almost like there were several reasons why I didn't...
    Layabout.

Images
    Got a bit more done in between major garden reshaping.
    I fitted a complete new clutch c/w thrust bearing. The lathe came in handy for making an alignment tool. Gearbox was cleaned up and fitted.
    I had a Wilwood slave cylinder ready to use so set about mounting it. The cable end was drilled through 5mm which gave me the correct shaped piece for the arm. I made up an adjusting section which had the Wilwood 5/16 unf one end and M5 the other. The engine mount was modified to mount the cylinder. I also found a NOS rubber boot so that went on. Happy with the result.

Name:  clutch slave cylinder.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  212.1 KB

Name:  clutch slave with boot.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  168.3 KB
    Layabout.

yep, that's about what we did mate. it's easy enough to swap the pipe and bleed fittings too so the bleeder is at the top. they're so easy to fit up i don't see why people try to adapt their pedal box from hydraulic to cable.
    neil.

Images
    Already swapped Neil. Got to agree about the ease of use/fitting.
    Anyway, this happened today.
    Name:  engine in.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  142.9 KB

Couldn't resist dropping the rad on it's mounts for a shot. The piece of wood is not part of the mounts...
    Name:  engine in with radiator.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  136.0 KB
    Layabout.

Nice love the colours and the thought that has gone into your build

Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app

Images
    Nigel.
    Layabout.

She's coming on well Paul.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Images
    Thanks Tim.
    Trying to get a bit of organisation in the chaos prop shaft is ordered from Bailey Morris and I've sorted out a couple of Minx wheels to go for banding.
    Layabout.

Images
    I'm still working on it, just on small bits and bobs while I wait for stuff to arrive.
    At least this turned up today
    Just need the brake pipes to turn up and I can start sorting out the floors.
    Name:  propshaft.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  215.7 KB
    I'm also working on the throttle body and adapter. Because of the change of orientation the throttle cable attachment is not usable so I'm having to make a new set up (which has taken a disproportionate amount of time). I'll put some details on when I'm closer.
    Layabout.

Images
    I've been a bit lazy with posting, sorry.
    The fuel system is all plumbed at the rear using Cohline fuel pipe. The brakes are all plumbed now except for one front flexi (some dumbass ****ed up the measurement-cough).
    Clutch is plumbed and just needs a bracket to clip the flexi at the engine (all the flexi pipes came from Furore and very nice they are).
    As previously mentioned the throttle linkage was not going to work with the repositioned throttle body. The solution has occupied me for far longer than it should have. I'll let a picture do the talking.

Name:  throttle body linkage.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  139.9 KB
    Still a bit to do but it all works very nicely. It needs a spacer between the support bearings and the correct bolts etc fitting. The original ball connection is left because the cable end makes a cracking clamp!
    Layabout.

Images
    Lovely bit of work ! whats the thinking behind the nylocks instead of a spring washer ?

Images
    Thanks John.
    Just because I can! No real reason.
    Layabout.