Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Berpop AKA The Beast

Berpop AKA The Beast

Found these pics amongst a load of old stuff and thought somebody might like to see, It was its first outing and pics were taken in Richmond Park which was very close to Geoffs house, Not sure of year but would guess at around 81

i have a load more that i will scan later and post

Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Images
    Some great pics there Steve, looking forward to seeing the rest.
    Boy, could that thing handle by the time Geoff had sprinkeled his magic over it. One of the few rods that I`ve know that could go round a corner as fast as it could in a straight line
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Yep your right, it was a gentle 1st drive up there but the return was much more exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Brizey View Post
    Some great pics there Steve, looking forward to seeing the rest.
    Boy, could that thing handle by the time Geoff had sprinkeled his magic over it. One of the few rods that I`ve know that could go round a corner as fast as it could in a straight line
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

i wonder where it is now ,, ,,is it still in one peace or has it been parted out ,,

NSRA Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by edd brown View Post
    i wonder where it is now ,, ,,is it still in one peace or has it been parted out ,,
    Stolen. Not seen again after 84/85 I believe. Can anyone confirm?

That's what I heard to, Geoff came back to the scene a while back, spoke with him often but has left again not heard from him in a few year the guy is a genius with Rods handling and electricary!!!
    Get down off that cross we need the wood! "Tom Waits"
    Be Seeing You!
    www.uk-hotrods.co.uk

Images
    Layabout.

Thumbs up

Cheers Steve I like that and without a chop that ar$e end shots the nuts its something differn't from the norm anymore like that ??

god its ugly.

I seem to remember it being rammed into the barrier on a dual carriageway in Bracknell one Saturday night back in the 80's. I think it was a write off.

Dave
    No sig, sorry....

is this the same car?

Quote Originally Posted by poprodder View Post
    is this the same car?

yes!

Quote Originally Posted by weemark View Post
    god its ugly.

ditto
    Tim Odell aka Monkey

www.monkey-inc.co.uk

www.raygun-industries.co.uk

www.raygun-industries.co.uk/raydar

"when i was young the circus ran away and joined me!"

have to agree with the above... dont float my boat...;-(

Images
    Ex circuit race car so it was function before form. Ugly was just a by-product and is in the beholders eye anyway.
    Layabout.

its the sort of hot rod top gear should have got hold of as it would have made us all look good a good track car,, the stig would have loved it

Images
    Found a little.

"Mike was an engineer that lived in a village called Oadby, in Leicestershire. He was a great character and I spent a lot of time with Mike in the days of the BERPOP. In development we took it to Silverstone down the M1! Believe me it was one of the hairiest rides I ever had! The look on other drivers faces as Mike floored it and passed all the cars that "thought" this was some old Ford Pop coming up behind them. Then he prepared it for competition, and as far as he was concerned that was it! You see the fun for Mike was in the creation, not in the racing, that's why other people drove it mainly at Mallory Park. Mike did engines for me for a while. Damn good engineer/designer. Now he runs a Fancy dress Company in leicester. If you see him, tell him I said hi! "
    Layabout.

always reminded me of a 1:1 scale legend racer, you know the ones that use bike engines and are based on 1/3 scale 30`s American cars ,
    Last edited by Russ; 14-03-10 at 03:17 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by poprodder View Post

It was in this early Mike Berman guise that it constantly showed good placings in circuit race reports in the old Car & Car Conversions mag...
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

I am pretty sure Geoff's was a copy of the Mike Berman pop.
    Get down off that cross we need the wood! "Tom Waits"
    Be Seeing You!
    www.uk-hotrods.co.uk