Thread: A Run to Brighton May 23rd - MORE DETAILS ADDED

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A Run to Brighton May 23rd - MORE DETAILS ADDED

After the sucess of last Septembers Run to Brighton I thouhgt it might be a good idea for a spring run.

There is already some guys and gals from Surrey/South London up fpr this so who wants to join us. It's going to happen on Sunday May 23rd.

The first meeting point will be at Costa Coffee (old Little Chef ) on the A23 Brighton Road, just before the junction with the M23 heading south, this will be to leave around midday.

For those that will be coming from the M25 the next meeting point will be at the Pease Pottage services on the M23, leaving there at 1pm.
    We can then all cruise to Brighton from there in convoy, once in Brighton you can then do your own thing, but no being silly please,

If when arriving at Brighton you turn left intop Madira Drive we could try to park at the end like last year.

It's only a few weeks away so let me know what you think, this is a cruise to Brighton not a show or a meet.

This is open to all American cars, Rods, Custom and Classics.

I will have a run to Brighton soon and try and find a pub or something similar where we can all park, (that's if the Landlord is Ok with).
    Or if anyone in the surrounding area can find out that would be great, doesn't have to be in Brighton but somewhere not to far.

Thanks, Derek.
    Last edited by mr440; 10-05-10 at 09:07 PM.

Sounds good to me - dates in the diary.
    18 'til I die
    My Intro

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCubes View Post
    Sounds good to me - dates in the diary.

Will ask Elmo if we are free, sounds good, anyone fancy from our side of the water ....

I'm there!
    ...are we out tonight?

www.facebook.com/thisisdw123

Quote Originally Posted by mr440 View Post
    After the sucess of last Septembers Run to Brighton I thouhgt it might be a good idea for a spring run.

There is already some guys and gals from Surrey/South London up fpr this so who wants to join us. It's going to happen on Sunday May 23rd.

The first meeting point will be at Costa Coffee (old Little Chef ) on the A23 Brighton Road, just before the junction with the M23 heading south, this will be to leave around midday.

For those that will be coming from the M25 the next meeting point will be at the Pease Pottage services on the M23, leaving there at 1pm.
    We can then all cruise to Brighton from there in convoy, once in Brighton you can then do your own thing, but no being silly please,

If when arriving at Brighton you turn left intop Madira Drive we could try to park at the end like last year.

It's only a few weeks away so let me know what you think, this is a cruise to Brighton not a show or a meet.

This is open to all American cars, Rods, Custom and Classics.

I will have a run to Brighton soon and try and find a pub or something similar where we can all park, (that's if the Landlord is Ok with).
    Or if anyone in the surrounding area can find out that would be great, doesn't have to be in Brighton but somewhere not to far.

Thanks, Derek.

We can make it .. so now who is coming from Essex/Herts could we not do a cruise to meet them suff of the river ...

Seems good to me, means easy parking, shelter if wet, toilets, food, what more can a girl want .....

Someone els has said this place, its 8-10 miles out off brighton along the coast road.
    its the Royal Coach on the shoreham beach roundabout. theres a petrol stn on the other side too,& quick easy access back to the a27 aswell

Someone els has said this place, its 8-10 miles out off brighton along the coast road.
    its the Royal Coach on the shoreham beach roundabout. theres a petrol stn on the other side too,& quick easy access back to the a27 aswell

sounds better with a petrol station near as getting about 15 to the gallon

Images
    .....The first meeting point will be at Costa Coffee (old Little Chef ) on the A23 Brighton Road, just before the junction with the M23 heading south, this will be to leave around midday......
    Could have sworn it was a Starbucks when I went past today!!!
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

We can then all cruise to Brighton from there in convoy, straight down the M23 then the A23. once in Brighton you can then do your own thing, but no being silly please,
    If when arriving at Brighton you turn left intop Madira Drive we could try to park at the end for a while like last year.

Then it's a drive along the coast road, Head northwest on A259, keep gong for about 10 miles,(Good time to get some pics and video)
    At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A259/Brighton Rd
    At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto The Saltings to the Royal Coach pub in Shoreham, near to Shoreham Airport.
    The landlord knows we are comming and says the car park is good for two hundred cars. (his words not mine)

The Carvery is open until 4pm so if we leave Brighton around 3pm we will be in time to eat, (that's for those that want to).
    Wouldn't it be good if we could at least fill half the car park.

Images
    Got room for another 2 from Costa Coffee Derek.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by lim34 View Post
    Got room for another 2 from Costa Coffee Derek.

Ian
    The more the merrier Ian.

Images
    If I can get my valley gasket changed on saturday I should be there