Thread: Hi all, "Brizey" here

Images

Hi all, "Brizey" here

My name is Brian Lucas and i was born in 1950, which makes me an ancient SAGA member.

Basic car interests come from helping my old man in his garage since the age of 5.
    I first became aware of Hotrods at the age of 12 (`62) when i bought my first Hotrod kit which was the Monogram "Red Chariot" 1930 model `A` Phaeton.
    I started buying "Hotrod" magazine shortly afterwards and my first encounter with the `real thing` was at the `64 Blackbushe Dragfest and around the Hounslow/Hanworth area where i frequently saw a couple of rodded Ford Ys, a Ford Pilot and a real nice orange Ford Pop.

I started going to Santa Pod Raceway in the sixties and joined the BDR&HRA.
    I joined the NSRA in early April `72 (mem no. 125) and have been a member ever since, which included a 4 year stint on the committee as membership secretary in the late `70s early `80s.

Cars i currently own:
    A black flathead powered `32 roadster that i`ve owned for over 27 years now.

The above could sometimes be seen towing a Teardrop trailer. Bought from Homebase (flatpack)LOL.

My current project is a `29 model A Phaeton which is being built Resto rod style.

Cars/bikes i have owned:
    `47 `E` series Morris woody.

A GP Beach Buggy (late sixties/early`70s). The body was the 5th one from the GP moulds, painted in red and Chartreuse metalflake, a total fun car. Ended up with a 1500 twinport motor and ran like a randy tomcat!.

`54 Triumph Thunderbird chop, nice looking bike, but never completed!. The motor was a later model pre unit Bonneville. Frame was stretched and raked. 15" extended forks, with a honda rim on the stock front brake. 15" Harley rim on the back.

`54 Vauxhall Wyvern, a total rot box, but it kept going for a couple of years. The column shift linkage was loser than a tarts legs!.

`32 Roadster, Proudly, the first `32 roadster Hotrod on the streets of Britain. Wish i still had it.
    Bored 283" chevy with a 350 turbo trans. Jag rear and home built independant front end, using Etype uprights and discs. This car had held a few firsts for britain, the first `32 roadster Hotrod, the first tilt column in a Uk rod, and also the first to use `39 teardrop tail lights that were later fitted with `blue dots` (another first).

`46 59A pickup. Did some work on it then lost interest!

1200 Harley Sportster, that one broke my leg (NOT my fault) 80).

`60 100E tudor saloon, firstly totally stock, then Aquaplane modified, then later powered by a stock but fully blueprinted 2.0 Pinto. Owned for 15 years, always used as daily transport and a real street sleeper!. Ran 15.3 at Shakey...

"HI"...
    Last edited by Brizey; 19-11-07 at 02:37 AM. Reason: missing info

Hi Brian, I forgot to put about my SAGA membership in my intro...what does that tell you ? I qualify for FULL membership?!

Kev
    Galations 6:7

Brian you forgot to mention your first 32 roadster. And also that you just might be my old Dad LOL
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Hi Brian, I forgot to put about my SAGA membership in my intro...what does that tell you ? I qualify for FULL membership?!
    Kev
    Your the Chairman, Kev... LOL

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by langy View Post
    Brian you forgot to mention your first 32 roadster. And also that you just might be my old Dad LOL
    A very SAGA moment Stevie.
    Also, looking at you sonny, reminds me why i never did have kids... 80)