Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defect......

Defect......

This is my project- 1952 Ford Prefect. Building it for drag racing,but it will be street legal. Hoping to get it into 10's or god willing 9's. I have posted pics before,but its starting to develop now. so thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Those are the old photos, now heres a few new ones.
    Just got the axle back from chris isaacs. I set the case in for internals and brake caliper mounts. The top wheelie bar mount has been added also.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Images
    That looks like you mean it. Looking good, keep the pics coming.
    Layabout.

that looks very good i am trying to do something like that as well just seems to be taking me ages

Wild!

That's looking tasty mate - Keep it coming.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Looks great Dan, and very strong,

Keep at it,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD

Few more update pics. Cars now rolling, just taken it to a friends garage for a few weeks, should see some real progress starting now. Just taken delivery of fire system, it's a moved gas system as used in f1 cars, very nice, few kill switches and breather/overflow bottles. Will be making the mounts for this stuff up and having the rear doors mounted on pit pins so they are easily removable at the track. Mini rack has been narrowed and mounted, as well as steering arms made up. Thanks for looking!

Images
    Looks nice, you now need to change your username to prostreetprefect
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Love it!

lets hope you get the times will make it all worth it when it happens looks the part all the best with the build

Shes home!

The car has just been delivered back to me so I took a few quick snaps to show you all,any questions please ask.
    fuel pump mounted

fire extinguisher mounted to the back of driver seat-novec gas electronic system 6 nozzle.

other view of fuel pump mount and external kill switch.

cardboard buck for second seat-major headaches with this one,but the car has got to be able to take a passenger!

shifter mounted. its a Hurst quarter stick.

rear doors repaired and hung,starting to see what she'll look like now,cant wait!

thanks for looking.

nice looking car with loads of potential ,will have to stay on a strict diet to fit in those seats .looking forward to seeing this take shape

Quote Originally Posted by 53pop View Post
    nice looking car with loads of potential ,looking forward to seeing this take shape

Ditto!

Hi Dan,

Great work, will be great fun on the track, good luck with the rest of the build.

I'm guessing you may be running in the "four" doorslammer series

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD

Images
    Now thats hard as, well done chap.
    www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
    IMPORTER OF AMERICAN CARS AND PARTS, SHIPPER OF PARTS, SPEEDWAY MOTORS DEALER/STOCKIST, BROOKVILLE DEALER, O'BRIEN TRUCKERS DEALER, CARS INC TRI CHEVY STOCKIST AND DEALER, . https://www.facebook.com/randrhotrodimports/
    ALL MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS TAKEN

NSRA member
    Looking good, but be extra carefull with your lock up .A truck got Stolen from one recently.

All been said, but real tough looking Dan - Keep it coming.

Cheers. Tim w.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Thanks for all the kind words.I really appreciate it. I should have The front end mounted by the end if march and that is when I'll really see if the image in my head is correct! Currently searching for some rear wheels and trying to get my head round a colour to put on it......green is a big possibility, what do you think peeps?

When My dad bought his two tone green Super Minx in 68 the neighbours all said "green cars are unlucky" but he drove it for years with no incidents. If you fancy it, go for it mate!

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro