Thread: Mopar menace

Mopar menace

I have just started work on the old girl, shot blasted the under side so we can fully weld it all as it's only stiched and sealed.

Also needs a new fire wall as it has a lot of filler

Does anyone know where I can get shocks reconditioned

So next is some repair work , shot blast and powder coat suspension , stone guard under car. Make seat mounts etc.
    Also trying to fit the 383 Chrysler I have any tips would be good .
    Cheers dazza

Started the rust repair, bit worse then thought, crack on.

Images
    There's always more work than you expect in a project!

The struts look like modified Capri ones - Leda used to do them, but don't know if they were ever resurrected after going under? There isn't actually that much inside them, unless they have adjustable valves installed. I shortened my own on my Pop years ago: the top unscrews and you can remove the innards, so if you get hold of some decent ones you could try a bit of swapping of seals and washers. Or you might just need some oil in them - I used motorcycle fork oil, I think, and that's available in different viscosities.
    Sent from my Kitchen Table using a little box full of smoke and dangerous radio waves

Shine is Fine

It seems that the old Mopars are prone to rust around the rear windows,be good to see this come back,well done Darren.

More rust repairs,

But then when I was making seat brackets I sat in the car and noticed the roll cage was not fully welded (tagged my arse) on the top where it's hard to get to also one by the passenger door.more work that was not done right.

Still on wards and upwards , looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by 1stpop View Post
    More rust repairs,

Still on wards and upwards , looking forward to it
    im not criticising but a thought come to mind - youve replaced the outside metal and it looks good but what about all the rust inside the sill and behind the quarter panel? if not replaced wont it just rust from the inside out?

Your emotions will always interfere with your sense of truth

should have shown an in between picture , its been cut out and ground back , done the outside first so it matches up ok, then tonight take the wheel off , and spray inside then plate up the inner quarter , and the bottom of the sill , hopefully if all goes to plan. but yeah i can see where your coming from, got to be better than the lump of filler that fell out.

Done some more welding, taken the screen out so we can stick weld the top of the cage.

Also got the engine over, needs a rebuild , so looking for second hand go faster goodies.

Very happy with the results so far.