Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: One of these days T Truck

Images
    DAMN!!!! two years since I last posted. Better add a few things then :-)
    Any Auto electrician? see the Tech Q&A I posted please. (No need - sorted)
    Last edited by Knowledge; 20-11-15 at 10:59 PM.
    I know you think you believe you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what I said isn't always what I meant.

My Intro '

Images
    Yay! OK I now have all the wiring sorted. Busy tomorrow but as I have a week off the garage will see some serious work done now.
    I know you think you believe you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what I said isn't always what I meant.

My Intro '

Images
    good to see you back on it.

Quote Originally Posted by dwgunn159 View Post
    good to see you back on it.
    Aye.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Images
    Well there are solar eclipses, passages of Comets and politicians telling the truth.... yes I know all very rare occurrences. Just as rare is me actually putting something in this blog! But today I have news. Having rebuilt front and rear brakes and sorted out a number of other problems today I took it for a quick drive around the block. Up till now I've only driven it a few yards on and off a vehicle Transporter, and even then when I did there were huge problems with front wheel clearances. Brakes will need re bleeding and there's a few leaks but otherwise works fine. For me St George's Day 2016 will always have a special memory now.

My Intro '

Nice one, another one on the road then.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Images
    Need to finish all the legalities and changes yet but one big step nearer to IVA.

My Intro '

Pictures or it didn't happen ;-)

Sounds like its getting close to the finish, keep at it
    Cheers
    John

Images
    Well.......long time no post, but I have ACTUALLY been woring on it. For those who haven't seen anything elsewhere this was it on the way to a very close by street to measure out the tyre revs so I could set the electric Speedo.Name:  IMG-20180325-WA0003.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  116.3 KB
    Last edited by Knowledge; 13-06-18 at 11:14 PM.

My Intro '

New guest
    Damn shame but ALL the photos you've posted are missing (photobucket blackmailers)
    I for one would love to see build photos please.

Images
    When I have time I'm going to rehash as many as I can, obviously I can only re add my pics.

News update. It appears Photobucket have relented and changed as all the photos are now visible again.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 13-06-18 at 10:59 PM.

My Intro '

Images
    Well since the last post I've had one IVA test and a retest but not yet registered. That said watch this space as not far off now. Just a problem with brake balance and should be sorted.

My Intro '

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Well since the last post I've had one IVA test and a retest but not yet registered. That said watch this space as not far off now. Just a problem with brake balance and should be sorted.
    That`s good news Stephen, it`s been a long time coming ...
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Images
    Waiting on new front springs. The V6 Cortina ones I had were far too erm... springy. The new ones are made to order so will be the ideal stiffness as at the moment the nose dives so much that the rears wheels try to lift off the road under hard breaking. Net result is I can't get the front wheels to lose grip before the rears. But soon guys.....soon.

My Intro '

Images
    So there you have it. After dreaming of building a Rod since about '77, starting the chassis in '98, having an SVA test in 2011 but not quite getting it right... 2018 finally I realise my dream. Now the fun can begin and I can spend time money and energy as I know it won't be wasted.
    ten work days from now I should have my registration.

My Intro '

Well done Stephen!

Find the free NSRA UK forum app in your apple or android app store.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    So there you have it. After dreaming of building a Rod since about '77, starting the chassis in '98, having an SVA test in 2011 but not quite getting it right... 2018 finally I realise my dream. Now the fun can begin and I can spend time money and energy as I know it won't be wasted.
    ten work days from now I should have my registration.
    VERY WELL DONE . Great to realise your dream .Look forward to seeing it at the shows next year

NSRA Committee
    Images
    Congratulations Stephen, at least you have achieved what many would like to do
    Richard Black
    Membership Secretary

Images
    Another joins the BIVA ranks, congrats.