Thread: Can I make 2 comments??

Can I make 2 comments??

Well done to all for their fine efforts in making the new forum.
    2 comments though..
    1, when you click on a thumbnail pic it used to open in a new window, which to my view was ideal as it was easy to return to the thread, by closing the new window. This was adopted by Ryan on the HAMB after it was suggested, using this forum as an example.
    Can we have this feature back please? I closed the forum three times after viewing a pic before I realised what was happening.
    2, please please please do not allow photo's in peoples signatures. I have seen this in many other forums and it is really annoying. You scroll down a page where one particular contributor has bandied multiple replies (nothing wrong with that) but seeing the same pic time after time down the page is really annoying. The pics detract from the written replies which after all are the interesting part of the thread.
    People could instead add a link to their rides contribution as an alternative.

That said, once again, well done to all involved.

Mart.

Images
    Mart i can only agree with No2

As for No1 you can just use your back button.
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Images
    Fully agree with both those points Mart. I also find it very annoying when folk quote the three pictures posted in a previous reply.
    Started with nothing and still got most of it.

www.tootall.info

My Intro

My Ride

Images
    Wow, just joined, its all a bit new!!
    Gotta agree with both your points Mart.
    It's all gonna take a bit of getting used to.

Admin
    Agree with both Mart's points, the first one is on the to-do list in my head - the second one I agree with to the point that I removed my own sig pic because it was annoying me.
    "Praise the lowered"

My Intro

Doug, fantasic amount of work your doing here, thank you.

Some forums have a thumbnail which you click =it enlarges then when you click it again it compresses. I know this forum cn't have everything on it.

Would it be possible in the future when you click a thread you have already visited to have it go to the next unread thread to that particular viewer. Chevy talk have this feature and it's great as you don't have to plod through trying to remember where you were, especially if you are in infrequent visitor or the thread is a slow mover.

Doug, can I add another comment.

Can we have the smilies back please, or have I just not found them now?

P.

Images

Smile Thumbnails

Well I'm In on the new forum. As for thumbnails, well....can't decide on my right thumb or the left........

A Solution....

For those who don't want to see signatures or avatars you can make the forum hide them from you..

1. Click "User CP" in he brown bar above (hold shift while you do this to open a new window, so you can keep these instructions on screen )

2. From the menu on the left click "Edit Options"

3. Scroll down to the second box entitled "Thread Display Options" - untick "Show Signatures" and "Show Avatars". Scroll to the very bottom and click "Save Changes"

the signatures and avatars will now no longer display when you look at the forum.

Well that's saved Doug a job , thanks Mark,

Kev
    Galations 6:7

Access Denied. Post Limit Exceeded Without Intro.

Oh yea cheers Mark, kinda works. How about one that shows the whole thread (all). How about pop ups of Jo Guest. How ....

Access Denied. Post Limit Exceeded Without Intro.

They are here Paul, just find Dougs user info at the top of the forum and all is explained ,
    Kev
    Galations 6:7