Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: morris dancer.

Talking morris dancer.

hi all
    ive just started to build a new gasser. i was looking for a english car but not a pop. its base is a 1947 morris 8 e series 2 door. at the moment its just a bare shell sitting on axle stands. its going to be running straight tube axle, 9" rear axle with a sbc for power. i have the wheels sorted and hopefully in the next few weeks it will all be rolling as most parts are being sorted as i type.
    iam planing to have this out for next years fun and games. if its a runner i might try to get it to the hotrod drags.
    Real steel

knew ud be bck in to the hotrods john before long,any pics matey

welcome back john dont forget the photos

Good on ya John,sure to be a cracker,looking forward to the build up,see ya at the drags!

Nice one John, see you later in the week with your measurements, i like the name ad can't wait to see you dressed up in the gear.
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

hi chaps.
    i will try to remember to get some pictures as i have a habit of forgetting to take any. steve i have collected all the bits tonight and i should have the wheels from the blasters tomorrow. if iam not working late and able to pick the wheels up i will pop over if thats alright.
    Real steel

Yep will be outside working on the Willys John.

Quote Originally Posted by crumble View Post
    hi chaps.
    i will try to remember to get some pictures as i have a habit of forgetting to take any. steve i have collected all the bits tonight and i should have the wheels from the blasters tomorrow. if iam not working late and able to pick the wheels up i will pop over if thats alright.
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,

John..if you are going via your workshop,i`ll be calling at Steves on Thursday so could pick up the seat from his?I`ll post you the money?Just a thought....
    That cars fine lookin`man
    Its somethin`else!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bull View Post
    John..if you are going via your workshop,i`ll be calling at Steves on Thursday so could pick up the seat from his?I`ll post you the money?Just a thought....
    ive got it at work mark. if i can get it on the van i will give you a call.
    Real steel

Mark i can pay John if it makes it easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bull View Post

hi john see you are getting the bits together as the title says will it have bells on as all morris have

how the gasser stands at the moment.
    the bonnet is at the blasters to be stripped.
    body all stripped out and firewall removed.
    front and rear wheels all sorted. just got to fit front tyres.
    front axle is being built and have new 37-41 ford spindels and new disc brake kit.
    i will be a collecting 305 sbc and th350 box tomorrow.

iam on the look out for a 9" rear axle. standard would be good as i can get it narrowed to suit. or a narrowed on of 48" hub to hub.

thats about it at the moment.

pictures will follow.
    Real steel

Nice one John,

Good to see you back, looking forward to following the build,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD

update update.
    ive got the morris rollin now with the engine and box trial fitted. ive also got the straight tube axle fitted with 4x15 slots and ive fitted a mk1 zephyr axle on the rear until i find a 9". ive also got the rear 8x15 steels on the back. they stick out from the arches just enough. i have a couple of pics on my phone but i cannot get the on to the pc.
    Real steel

Got this off my phone, not great but you get the idea

Thumbs up

Nice one john got the stance there crys out gasser
    Adie

well your of and running now looks good evan now keep the photos coming

thanks for posting picture steve. yes its on its way now chaps.
    Real steel

Images
    looks good John

A quick glance and a few beers and you could mistake it for a Pop!

Looking good mate.