Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: gasser pics thread

Images
    Boy am I pleased I didn`t try to build a Gasser Willys

To try and get this back on thread as this about Gasser Images

Enjoy - lifes too short not to!

Now that's better - images in a picture thread - please enjoy

That's more like it. Great pictures Nick.
    Real steel

Images

Oooo thats better

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKIT View Post
    Lost in the midst of time.

Or

I think It maybe a dream that someone once had.

Or

I think it may be that you can race any car that has the word GASSER written on the side!

Or

It doesn't honestly matter! The only Gasser Criteria is that YOU CALL your car a Gasser........

Or

As long as your car uses Petrol! (Gas)

Or

Whatever the marketing team will let g

Just my thoughts.
    Although I havn't had the benefit of seeing the 'Rules' as they have been written for 'our' Gasser Circus.

In reality, I guess it depends on which era you want to emulate!

You gonna give it a go Ozzie?

http://gassermadness.com/Gas_Classes/index.htm

Cheers Shaun just wondered as I have seen aa/gas and a/gas cars of famous race teams in early years that don't have there noses up in the air so are they not gassers then ? As for me one day I might give it a go but you never know I may have other plans like building another engine or something but don't really want to stick a steel car in the barrier because I couldn't get the steel parts to replace it

Images
    Mistake!

Of course my post should have read.
    'Lost in the MISTS of time'

My apologies

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    I have seen aa/gas and a/gas cars of famous race teams in early years that don't have there noses up in the air so are they not gassers then ?
    Most Gassers had that classic nose up stance, but not all. Especially towards the end of the `60s and early `70s when chassis/suspension technology had found ways to improve off line traction. Bringing the nose down also helped with stability during a race.

The simplest way of seeing if a car in a photo is a Gasser is if the cars in question have a `G` in the class designation painted on the body ie: AA/GS, AA/G, etc, then it was a Gasser . These classifications were normally marked on the door, rear quarter panel etc...
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Images
    Absolutely correct Brian, your reply sums it up perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Brizey View Post
    Most Gassers had that classic nose up stance, but not all. Especially towards the end of the `60s and early `70s when chassis/suspension technology had found ways to improve off line traction. Bringing the nose down also helped with stability during a race.

The simplest way of seeing if a car in a photo is a Gasser is if the cars in question have a `G` in the class designation painted on the body ie: AA/GS, AA/G, etc, then it was a Gasser . These classifications were normally marked on the door, rear quarter panel etc...
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Gasser Circus NSRA Member
    i know slick willy crashed and then rebuilt for the street, but what happend to it, is it still about

Images
    Sorry you can`t discuss Slick Willy in this thread as it wasn`t a UK gasser [there`s never been any according to some] it ran in the UK in Comp Altered class.

But if we take into account 33Hemi`s reply which is bang on the money [without splitting hairs]-
    It my be the Gasser pics thread but it`s on The Gasser Circus notices board that is dedicated to campaigning cars which resemble and pay tribute to that era.
    So Guys take no notice of the self appointed Gasser moniter and post any cool photos that you think (resemble and pay tribute to that era)
    Paul.

we can discuss and I am sure Paul the Gasser Godfather will come along and answer your question correctly
    Ian
    Incidently if we use the law that is, a G after the / ie S/G is a Gasser class I was the European S/Gas-----ser champion back in 1991, well I never

Images
    Ian maybe its better the leave it to the Gasser section moderators to decide ???

Quote Originally Posted by merryknees View Post
    Sorry you can`t discuss Slick Willy in this thread as it wasn`t a UK gasser [there`s never been any according to some] it ran in the UK in Comp Altered class.

But if we take into account 33Hemi`s reply which is bang on the money [without splitting hairs]-
    It my be the Gasser pics thread but it`s on The Gasser Circus notices board that is dedicated to campaigning cars which resemble and pay tribute to that era.
    So Guys take no notice of the self appointed Gasser moniter and post any cool photos that you think (resemble and pay tribute to that era)
    Paul.
    we can discuss and I am sure Paul the Gasser Godfather will come along and answer your question correctly
    Ian
    Incidently if we use the law that is, a G after the / ie S/G is a Gasser class I was the European S/Gas-----ser champion back in 1991, well I never
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Ian if you had a G on your car looks like your in Mate????? and all of you guy`s reading this if you have a car that resembles and pay tribute to that era could you put a (G) on it so we all know it`s` a Gasser because that's they only way anyone will know?????
    Ian, Bob pulled Slick willy apart many years back,
    he sold on the complete rolling chassis,
    was gonna put a new frame in it and run a hemi,
    after several more years he sold the body that was in 2007,
    The guy he sold it to still had it last time i spoke to him.

NSRA Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by HORRID HENRY View Post
    i know slick willy crashed and then rebuilt for the street, but what happend to it, is it still about
    Slick Willy, then owned by Bob and Angie West rolled twice, I believe at Avon Park (aka Shakespeare County Raceway) and once at Blackbushe. It was later rebuilt, street legal by Bob O'Donaghue , painted black (Bob was a body man I believe?) with the registration HEM1 40 and featured in Street Machine, albeit with a BBC replacing the Hemi.

No idea of its current status but I'm sure someone will know.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by plumpcars View Post
    i can still see a G there Steve

Your eyes are better than mine!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by plumpcars View Post
    Your eyes are better than mine!
    Steve......its deffo in the IMAGE that you posted

Quote Originally Posted by Brizey View Post

The simplest way of seeing if a car in a photo is a Gasser is if the cars in question have a `G` in the class designation painted on the body ie: AA/GS, AA/G, B/G, E/G, etc, then it was a Gasser . These classifications were normally marked on the door, rear quarter panel etc...
    Cheers Brian now it looks like I own a gasser because my car ran in a/gs it was sign written on the rear pillar yippeeeeee but the nose was not up in the air Paul do you a photo somewere when it was rat infested