Thread: chevrolet pickup 1939 one off

NSRA member

chevrolet pickup 1939 one off

Hi folks,
    well the time has come for this one off pickup/extended cab pick up to be offered to the public for sale..
    As can be seen ,this is a total one off, i made everthing on this vehicle, including the pickup buck, running boards,roof chop and the rear lower part of the cab, and then floor.(should never be a issue with welding here!!!!.
    So basically,it is a standard chevy car chassic with a late 235 fullpressure engine, and a high ratio rear diff,(think it came from a 36 coupe), all the running rear compenents were recommisioned/replaced to a high standard ,so again no problems there.the engine has a d.u.i dizzy, that i had made in the states ,this is a great improvement to starting, and lowered fuel consumption as well, average now 25 mpg @65mph. I would drive this pickup anywhere.
    The body came in from aboard ,as a pickup ,so thats how its registered correctly as one, but it was a car cut down ,so i altered the body as much as i could. 40 mm was the roof chop, just enough to make people stop just to see if it is cut or not?completely upholsteried to a high standard,
    completely rewired ,all modern components used. It was painted in HMG industrial paint, this has faded nicely now, chrome was redone, but the grill chrome fell off almost staight away, pain!
    So, few job to do ,dash centre insert to do, feul tanks is slow to fill, needs a vent pipe fitted ,thats about it.
    Well ,the pickup is for sale after the hayride, can be viewed there ,as my friend is taking there, feel free to call and talk about this one,
    shaun 07879 898292
    Last edited by hemsbycoupe; 15-07-11 at 09:59 PM. Reason: pictures