Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'The Candy Man' '57 Gasser.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lang View Post
    Looking great Mickey but you need a chrome towing eye
    Hah, 'kin hah! Don't s'pose you can help with this then o wise one!..... I need 4 quality base gaskets for my Edelbrock carbs... Anyone got any in stock ready to post out please?

Micky T.
    Last edited by The Candy Man; 09-03-12 at 08:15 PM.
    Mantener a tus amigos cerca ya tus enemigos más cerca. Cuidado con los Stabbers de vuelta!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Candy Man View Post
    Hah, 'kin hah! Don't s'pose you can help with this then o wise one!..... I need 4 quality base gaskets for my Edelbrock carbs... Anyone got any in stock ready to post out please?

Micky T.
    Got loads of Holley gaskets
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Got loads of Holley gaskets
    Are they like these that do both?...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pack-4150...sories&vxp=mtr

If so I'll 'av 'em, you've got my address.
    Micky T.
    Last edited by The Candy Man; 09-03-12 at 08:31 PM.
    Mantener a tus amigos cerca ya tus enemigos más cerca. Cuidado con los Stabbers de vuelta!

Images
    Are they like these that do both?...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pack-4150...sories&vxp=mtr

If so I'll 'av 'em, you've got my address.
    Micky T.
    These are what i have Mickey, same as the open type, nothing a pair of scissors couldn't put right How many do you want ???

Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,

Many thanks Steve, but Ray Young had a few hanging on the garage wall so I got those. I'll do what I have to do and then replenish my stocks from you.

Cheers dude,
    Micky T.

New battery sourced, started to fix the back seat in and a couple of other bits, but unfortunatly all has ground to a halt !!! Got a date from DRI and off in hospital on Thursday for a knee job, they reckon 2-6 wks, I've set myself 10days and back at it. *bar steward*! I was loving the garage time again, ah well, it will still get done just delayed slightly.

See y'all asap,
    Cheers guys,
    Micky T.

Images
    New battery sourced, started to fix the back seat in and a couple of other bits, but unfortunatly all has ground to a halt !!! Got a date from DRI and off in hospital on Thursday for a knee job, they reckon 2-6 wks, I've set myself 10days and back at it. *bar steward*! I was loving the garage time again, ah well, it will still get done just delayed slightly.

See y'all asap,
    Cheers guys,
    Micky T.
    Kneejob ???, thats a new one on me Mickey, the handjob sounds better if you ask me

Hope all goes well and your back on your feet real soon.

So I'm now back up and about with one good leg at least after the op, I had a few hours in the garage today but had to pack in after a while. I've had a Moon Tank for a while now, (thanks Langy) but couldn't decide where to put it? Well in the end I decided to mount the tank here...

Easy job really, the hardest part was making my mind up to where exactly it was gonna go! I cut the front panel and trimmed the grill to suit, the pipework is going to go up through the emblem and run as an overflow for the radiator.

Pretty pleased with the end result, just a couple of simple brackets to hold it in place and it's done. Wadda yer reckon These are the best shots I can get of the car at the moment, it's angled in the garage so I can't bring it out on the drive while other work is being done and there's also two doors to the garage that blocks seeing most of the center out anyway. I hope these will be ok for now.

I cut the front panel and the grill as you can see and also had to trim the bracket that holds it all together and also holds the hood catch as well. The bracket has two bolts at the bottom, of which I cut the front holding bolt out and angled it back slightly with the grinder to allow the round contour of the tank, the whole lot is still very solid.

Wherever I've cut it I've rounded the corners and filed it so there are no sharp edges. Previously I welded a 2" x 1" box section across between the spring hangers, from this I will bend and shape two simple brackets that will hold it in place.

I always wanted to put a tank on the car but didn't like the idea of it stuck way out there in front, this way it hides it a little and doesn't look to bad I hope.
    Reckon I've cured the oil leaks, a crack in the ali engine pan which I've welded up and a knackered gasket on the gearbox pan doesn't help much, there was a loose fuel fitting near the tank that needed a bit of thread tape and that's a help to all the fuel I'm putting in it. I wondered why it was using so much, not any more!
    All the best,
    Micky T.
    Last edited by The Candy Man; 23-03-12 at 06:06 PM.

looks good.
    how are you holding it in place for the photos ??

lovin this car, but thread tape on a fuel line correct me if I'm wrong (which someone undoubtedly will) I thought that was a no no?

The candy man looks awesome its a dream car
    the moon tank fits well with the look

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blown hell View Post
    lovin this car, but thread tape on a fuel line correct me if I'm wrong (which someone undoubtedly will) I thought that was a no no?
    Never had a proble with it myself as long as you keep it off the first couple of threads. Looking tough Mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mike noble View Post
    looks good.
    how are you holding it in place for the photos ??
    I knew I should have said something about that, trust you to notice Mike!!! It's string, ok! (Lol) Just holding it in place for now to see how it looks, got some flat bar to make brackets with and weld on, gonna do that this week along with other stuff, trying my best to get it finished asap, still a fair bit to do though as yet.

Micky T.
    P.S. Right, the string's gone and the correct brackets are now in place Mike... Happy now?! (Lol).
    Last edited by The Candy Man; 27-03-12 at 08:41 PM.

Been busy with the Chevy since getting it back from Bry's, lots of little jobs done but they all add up, the car is no where near 'show' finished but it's getting to the time to put it on the road to iron all the bugs out and set everything up. Insurance is on it's way, the mot is booked and it's off on a rolling road pretty soon to find out just how much power it's has or hasn't got? I want to get everything right on the car before going anywhere to far, it's ok for you lucky chaps who live 30mins or so away from Shaky or the Pod, but for me I've got a 2-3hr drive first, once everything is ok and I'm happy with it all I'll pull it apart to send off to the chromers.
    To say I'm pretty apprehensive about it's first drive out or nailing it down a drag strip is an understatement, I'll let you know the outcome..................... then I'll let you know how the car is!!!

Micky T.

Images
    What times you hoping for Mickey ???

What times you hoping for Mickey ???

None mate, just to get down the other end in one piece, anything will do for now! Yer know what, when your sat there in the stands it all looks so easy, it's when it's nearly time to actually do it that it appears a whole lot different.

Micky T.

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still shaking!!!!!!!
    A pal of mine Digger came round for the day and we went through every nut and bolt on the car, checked over everything we could think of. Once we were happy that all was ok we finally fitted the bonnet, slight adjustment to the fuel pressure gauge that caught on the ali surround and we're done. "Time to take it for a run" he said, to be honest I was *poo*ting myself at the thought, but I fired it up and the maiden voyage was underway, I took it down the back lanes round the village, found a straight road and nailed it, it handled alot better than I expected and god is it quick! I got back and was trembling with nervous excitement afterwards. I could see Digger wanted a run so I headed off again with him in the passenger seat, found the same bit of road, stopped and checked all was ok, flicked the linelock and gave it a boot full, when I looked in the mirror the country lane was full of tyre smoke, mmmmm, my first rolling burnout! It wants to spin the wheels in the first two gears untill you back off. So when we got back home this time he got out shaking like a leaf. His only comments were, "*flip* me that's quick!" I had to agree, now I'm not saying it's the fastest thing on the block, but it is by far the fastest car I've ever owned. So after a tidy of the garage, the car is now away and awaiting the mot day, tax and a trip to John Sleath's to see exactly what he can screw out of it on his rolling road, should be very interesting to see the outcome of that!
    Here's a short video...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8hvfJuNjbU

'Turn your volume way up'.
    Hope y'all like it?
    Cheers guys,
    Micky T.

awesome !! i'm excited just reading that.
    good on ya........

Excellent nice one well done
    I got a shiver down my spine when I saw that video clip

did you get any goose dumps