Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 34 Ford 5 W Coupe

My 34 Ford 5 W Coupe

Hi all, i have always refered to my coupe as being the ex dave haskel coupe, im hopeing in a couple of years to call it my coupe, i now have nearly all the parts so the car can proceed. The car has now been blasted so we can see the extent of rust/damage and there is more damage than rust.the roof being the worst, i will post some pics soon of roof.january it should be off to the body shop where it will be for some time. Im thinking of having car finnished in late 2013/early 2014. Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by 41 ford pu; 08-03-13 at 03:27 PM.

keep the pics comeing mate, good looking rod

Images
    Hi Ian, glad to see its still coming on, I will let Dave know as he asked me about it only a few weeks ago.
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Great to see Ian,

It was a little the worse for wear when i bought it off a Brockenhurst garage forecourt in 2003.

Happy to give you some history on this car.

Richard

Hi, great to hear from you richard, there was so much filler on car the blasting co contacted me twice worried sick they had damaged the roof! They told me it was the worst car they had ever delt with and told me they would never do anathor car with so much filler in it! I would love to chat with you about car sometime, i have always wanted this car ever since i saw it at garys picnic at the pod about 28/30 years ago. I brought it around 3/4 yrs ago and knew it deserved and needed total restoration. I spoke with billy from namco and he had it right when he told me that the car was a bit of uk rodding history! As you can see roof is prob worst part of car, check out these pics. Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Images
    Boy Ian thats some roof there, the fenders are on their way and if you need the othe panels over Christmas its no problem, seems like you have enough to begetting on with as it is. Always loved the car myself even had a tattoo of it lol.
    www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
    IMPORTER OF AMERICAN CARS AND PARTS, SHIPPER OF PARTS, SPEEDWAY MOTORS DEALER/STOCKIST, BROOKVILLE DEALER, O'BRIEN TRUCKERS DEALER, CARS INC TRI CHEVY STOCKIST AND DEALER, . https://www.facebook.com/randrhotrodimports/
    ALL MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS TAKEN

Images
    Hey Ian, should have stuck with your truck!!

Can't beat a good 5 window (although it looks like someone has!).
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

Hi russ, good news on fenders, i should have had some rear floor sections from direct sheetmetal sent to richard as well. The car is at a standstill until it goes into bodyshop in january (hopefully) i cant wait, all these parts all waiting to go togethor! Be up to you soon with my van! Thanks for your help, ian

Hey maurice, i know where the truck is, it dont go out much, one day maybee i could be in a position to re united with it. I had to sell it at the time for funds for 34, tell you what though, no filler on the truck! (or verry little) ian

That quite a roof you've got there Ian. I supected that there were a few 'issues' hidden under the paint, but never imagined it would be like that.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 41 ford pu View Post
    ... i have always wanted this car ever since i saw it at garys picnic at the pod about 28/30 years ago...
    I think that's probably when I first saw it - and lusted after it.
    Sent from my Kitchen Table using a little box full of smoke and dangerous radio waves

Shine is Fine

On some parts of car filler was an inch thick! I was worried what my man in the body shop would say as im no body/paint man. He has been all over car and tells me "it all fixable, just going to take time" and we know what that means, i have complete faith in him as i have seen his work and known him for years, he likes things right and thats what im after!

Images
    Ian I'm not sure that's the same roof that Dave chopped, I was told the car was in a fire at some time, maybe someone can shed some light
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,

Images
    I remember it being featured in Street Machine many years back, on the back pages and there was some mention about its history,
    www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
    IMPORTER OF AMERICAN CARS AND PARTS, SHIPPER OF PARTS, SPEEDWAY MOTORS DEALER/STOCKIST, BROOKVILLE DEALER, O'BRIEN TRUCKERS DEALER, CARS INC TRI CHEVY STOCKIST AND DEALER, . https://www.facebook.com/randrhotrodimports/
    ALL MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS TAKEN

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lang View Post
    Ian I'm not sure that's the same roof that Dave chopped, I was told the car was in a fire at some time, maybe someone can shed some light
    Certainly doesnt look like a Dave chop....

Im not sure but i thought it was chopped many years before dave brought it over from the east coast, i also understand that the car has been on its roof, these bits of info i have taken from features in custom car and street machine, the strange thing is that the chop from the inside of car looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by englishrodder View Post
    certainly doesnt look like a dave chop....
    the fire in the west country i believe did not involve the car

well looks like you have your work cut out there ,still when its done it will be well worth it keep us posted on how it come on

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 41 ford pu View Post
    Im not sure but i thought it was chopped many years before dave brought it over from the east coast, i also understand that the car has been on its roof, these bits of info i have taken from features in custom car and street machine, the strange thing is that the chop from the inside of car looks great!
    I think you may be thinking of the 34 he has now, your car wasn't chopped when Dave got it as far as I know.
    Dave is sorting out some old pics, he is useless with PC's so I will scan and post when he gives them to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lang View Post
    I think you may be thinking of the 34 he has now, your car wasn't chopped when Dave got it as far as I know.
    Dave is sorting out some old pics, he is useless with PC's so I will scan and post when he gives them to me.
    THE RED 34 DAVE HAS NOW IS THE EX BECK "SHES A 34", ACCORDING TO THE FEATURE IN ST MACHINE APRIL 92, WHERE DAVE WENT FOR A DRIVE WITH MATTHEW HOWELL, DAVE STATES THAT THE CAR WAS CHOPPED IN THE 50s AND THAT IT HAD BEEN ON ITS ROOF