Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My 34 Ford 5 W Coupe

Hi, yes it is the same car!

Images
    looking Good mate nice to see some pics again of the parts coming together as well.
    www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
    IMPORTER OF AMERICAN CARS AND PARTS, SHIPPER OF PARTS, SPEEDWAY MOTORS DEALER/STOCKIST, BROOKVILLE DEALER, O'BRIEN TRUCKERS DEALER, CARS INC TRI CHEVY STOCKIST AND DEALER, . https://www.facebook.com/randrhotrodimports/
    ALL MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS TAKEN

Quote Originally Posted by 41 ford pu View Post
    Hi, yes it is the same car!
    i allways loved the look of this car, i'm amazed at the state of it
    it must be gutting but your doing a great job.
    i live by the unwritten code between men, especially hot rodders

Hi, yes i was shocked as well when car came back from blasting. I will prob be skint for the next couple of years! Like many other cur nuts, i will be going with out food drink etc, never mind i could use loosing a few pounds (stones). I always wanted this car from the first time i saw it at garys picnic around 26 years ago at the pod. Hi russ looks like i will be up to see you soon again! Heres some pics of old floor being cut out and new one offered up. As you san see a cage was built for car as support first. Good job i never had a bad crash in car,(you to richard h) there wasent a lot of metal holding car body to floor!!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Wheres my floor! And the new rear portion of floor offered up, front part will be made in body shop by pete at "brissos" also is a pick of some more rusty parts!

Images
    Great to see some more pics Ian, your doing a fine job there mate see you soon.
    IMPORTER OF AMERICAN CARS AND PARTS, SHIPPER OF PARTS, SPEEDWAY MOTORS DEALER/STOCKIST, BROOKVILLE DEALER, O'BRIEN TRUCKERS DEALER, CARS INC TRI CHEVY STOCKIST AND DEALER, . https://www.facebook.com/randrhotrodimports/

I am feeling your pain with this car Ian, dont want to hi jack your thread but i do need to tell you to keep your chin up, you will get there. One more thing you do need to know, it could be so much worse believe me i speak from experience. Just got my coupe back from the metal work guy after 16 months and the rust and other issues with the body your dealing with are pretty bad but not as bad as it could be.

Looking forward to watching this thread
    we are up here an we have all the fun drivin doon there
    Brian

Progress

Hi all, work on my 34 is going well, we are going from the bottom up where some of the worst areas are, this includes the front footwell area (if there is one!) left and right where all has had to be reformed by pete. So much is going on with car that i will just post a few pics at a time and hope they are in order! I have plenty of pics on all work thanks to pete

Progress

Lots of work to get this far, its nice to see the rust going and the car starting to grow again. Most work is clamped togethor until all areas togethor and fit well

i'm ok at fab work but theres no way i'd take that on.
    i live by the unwritten code between men, especially hot rodders

Progress

Same with the outside of car. You can get these parts from the us but pete decided to make tham up.

Progress

More pics!

Progress

Now these are repro parts. I got them from howells sheet metal in the us. Also shown is a couple of pics of floor and tunnel under construction.

Progress

I will post some more pic soon, these last pics show the firewall getting ready for a clean up and holes to be welded up. A big pile of 80 year old rust (and filler) and picture of a shiney bit of the motor! See you at the swap meet. I have a pair of 34 orig running boards for sale.

Images
    Looking good Ian keep coming with the pics.

Images
    No wonder you were excited on the phone. Looks like Pete's doing a cracking job, especially, considering what you gave him ! Gutted I missed out on another trip out to see it. Look forward to the next update... Down the boozer

Watching this post with interest , as I am starting my 34 3 window this year , great progress you are making ...

Ade

NSRA member
    Images
    Lot of work done Ian looking like its getting on well.
    Y Me!

Gbox tunnel

Well all the rust and filler has gone, here petes making up a tunnel for car. The rear section will be made so it can be removed so access to shifter etc can be had

Images
    Nice Ian, hope to have some parts here for you tomorrow all being well,
    Quote Originally Posted by 41 ford pu View Post
    Well all the rust and filler has gone, here petes making up a tunnel for car. The rear section will be made so it can be removed so access to shifter etc can be had