Thread: painting aluminium?

painting aluminium?

Hi Guys

just wondering what the best pain its for ali

going to be using epoxy primer and 2k for most of my other bits but will epoxy be ok to prime ali or will it need an etch primer of some sort too to go on first ?

hope you all had a great christmas

thanks

charlie

Epoxy is much better than etch Charlie, Technology and all that !!!
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Yay was hoping i could use that, had a feeling it would be as good or better but thought i better ask before i did it and may of started to fall off (i had visions of it peeling off lol) and itl save me some money too

thanks steve mate

charlie
    Last edited by crozch; 28-12-11 at 12:58 AM.

make sure you rub it and degrease it well as alluminiun has natural oils in it and its a ******* to get the paint to stick, use a decent modern etch rather than epoxy on it though.
    Russ