Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bramble's Pop Make Over

Sounds a well thought out build mate and whatever size wheels you decide on is fine by me, I just glad to see another build up in progress. Keep it coming.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Thanks Tim I think I will go with 17's on the rear and 15's on the front just need to work out tyre sizes! I have checked out your build top job mate and all done out side makes me feel guilty have a workshop to work in well done !!!! DrewiD.

Images

re tyres sizes

hi the tyre sizes on mine ,im running under original rear wings and original inners ,mine are 7x17 rears with 215 45 17 and fronts are 5x15 and smart car tyres not sure on the size of them now,hope this helps

Images
    Drew the other blue pop has got 8.5x17 on the rear with 235x45 and the front ones are 7x17 with 195x40

Thanks Pete that gives me some idea were am at with the tyres ??? the wheels that Chris has chosen don't come in a great many sizes but they look cool!! I need to get them in the workshop so I can get the whole thing worked out ! still must get back to working on the pop cheers DrewiD.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover V8 View Post
    Hi DrewiD,

10 x 15 with 285 x 70 x 15 tyres works for me,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    I've been driving past this while it was at Rick's...very neat

Those rear fenders look the absolute dogs ******ks!!!... And so does the rest of the car as well.

Micky T.
    Mantener a tus amigos cerca ya tus enemigos más cerca. Cuidado con los Stabbers de vuelta!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    I've been driving past this while it was at Rick's...very neat
    Quote Originally Posted by The Candy Man View Post
    Those rear fenders look the absolute dogs ******ks!!!... And so does the rest of the car as well.

Micky T.
    Sorry to hijack your thread DrewiD,

Thanks guys comments most appreciated

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD

HELP I can't seem to upload pictures any ideas? I'm doing the same as normal but it keeps saying upload failed ! cheers Drewid .

Images
    [PM sent Drew]
    IanT (°||°)
    "that Plymouth had a Hemi with a Torqueflite"

Talking more pop stuff

Sorry for the big gap in the progress I had a bit of resizing to do on the pictures but all done now thanks to Ian T !!
    As you can see it's all coming apart very quickly cheers for now DrewiD.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Kerching!!! And there it is in the hole!

Wouldn't it be a great world if the 'putting together' was as quick as the taking apart!!

Keep the pictures coming..........
    A clean car is a sign of a sick mind!
    -<< Engine Fire-up . My Pop >>-

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pikko View Post

Wouldn't it be a great world if the 'putting together' was as quick as the taking apart!!
    And if it was as easy putting back together as taking apart I might be able to do it

great stuff drew at this rate it will be at wheels day

"Big gap", your getting more done than I am mate. Deffo no turning back now! Keep it coming.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Hi guys WHEELS DAY Pete ! You havin a larf mate? There is no going back when you rip the sh*t out of it, still it is good to get the gas axe out again !! Stand by for the next lot of pic's the wk ends coming so should be getting some more stuff done Cheers DrewiD.

Talking Brambles POP

Boy have I been bizzzzzy , as you can see the bodys off ! right or wrong cut out all the cross members but braced the chassis to hold her in position seems to have worked ok .
    Employed skinny teenager to get on the roof to drill out old pop rivets in roof insert he works well for a peanut or two !!
    I have made a media blasting booth out of plastic sheeting to blast the chassis, got blaster from Frosts I found some FREE grit in new cut bags in a skip bargin? so I was set NOT the grit was in the skip for a reason it had odd big lumps in it so kept blocking the nossell , so off to Dunelm to buy a BIG SIVE i had to sive the lot befor i could use it but works realy well now . the plan is to blast it and box it with a kit from Pop Brown I will keep you posted cheers for now DrewiD
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Coming on well mate, nice bit of progress there, cracking workshop as well. What you doing with the top with Fabric or Steel? Keep it coming.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Hi Tim I like the look of a pop with a vinyl roof insert but I have a fiber glass vinyl effect insert with a rubber seal from pro laninates if I can getting fitting nice and flush it will do the job . It seems a bit of work but so would a steel filler peace cheers for now DrewiD

Heres a couple of pics of my Prolaminates roof fitted...... Excuse the dust!!!!

They come slightly oversized to allow fitting to a chopped pop and I left it that size coz I had a few issues with the steel infill panel, that was already fitted when I bought the car, being a bit 'wavey'.

A clean car is a sign of a sick mind!
    -<< Engine Fire-up . My Pop >>-

Quote Originally Posted by DREWID View Post
    Hi Tim I like the look of a pop with a vinyl roof insert
    You and me both mate, nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by pikko View Post
    Heres a couple of pics of my Prolaminates roof fitted...... Excuse the dust!!!!
    Don't let Mike see that!!

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro