Thread: coloured screens in gasser circus ??

Gasser Circus Member

coloured screens in gasser circus ??

can we run coloured front screens in the gasser circus or is it side screens and rear only ..

Images
    Neil im not sure if yours is streetable as well but I believe it has to be clear for the road, but the track I would of thought would be any thing goes within reason, my screen is clear but all other windows are tinted, personally I wouldn't like a tinted screen.
    Last edited by langysrodshop; 31-03-12 at 07:34 PM.
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Gasser Circus Member

re tinted screen ..

yeh mines for street /strip steve i have some tint untouched so im reckoning ill run with it for first meet .. but wasnt sure on rules ..

hi m8, so have you swapped over your body ??
    will it be a coupe by garys picnic?

Gasser Circus Member

hi mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike noble View Post
    hi m8, so have you swapped over your body ??
    will it be a coupe by garys picnic?
    hope fully ill get it all done mike but yeh now a coupe ,didnt realise how big they lol.. had to make removable weight bar as couldnt close the garage door still its getting there. hows louligan dood..

Images
    No answer yet ??? why does it take so long to get an answer to a Gasser question here ???
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,

Neil,

Sorry, for the two days it has taken to reply, but I have been spending all my time finishing off the latest Street Gasser and not been on the forum since Thursday.
    To answer your question, you can run whatever colour screen you like in the Gasser Circus, however if you plan to drive your Willys to the track, I don't think Police officers will share that view! (excuse the pun)

All the best
    Nick

NSRA member
    I think you are missing a point,it may not be in the gasser circus rules but it might be in the rules of the track i.e if the scrutineer feels you can get reasonable vision. I know from racing my 33 Willys in super gas you couldnt and also lee and jerry could not put coloured side glass in the old Honky Tonkin car to race in the same class, so i would play it safe.

youve confused me a bit, are you saying they didnt race because of the red perspex side glasss?
    i'd allways assumed it allways had the red perspex.
    NB, kerry cut holes in the side perspex to make it street legal.

Images
    I know when i raced my A with black tinted windows the scutineer didn't like them, he said he couldn't see me in the car, dunno what difference that made

I think what it is. If your trying to get the attention of the startline crew they might not be able to see you through the windows.
    Real steel

Gasser Circus Member

Re.re

ive always run with side coloured screens without a problem on the track and street ,the police aint interested as ive been pulled over a few times in my truck i wasnt sure wether we could run a coloured front screen at the track , some tints allow good vision so thought id put out the question ..maybe like you say its if you run a certain class ,i see theres a few outlaw flat fours that run coloured screens too . cheers for advice

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Gas View Post
    I think you are missing a point,it may not be in the gasser circus rules but it might be in the rules of the track i.e if the scrutineer feels you can get reasonable vision. I know from racing my 33 Willys in super gas you couldnt and also lee and jerry could not put coloured side glass in the old Honky Tonkin car to race in the same class, so i would play it safe.

any more pics of the rebody yet neil?

Gasser Circus Member

re..

hi neil ,no mate not yet mate had visitors etc and horrendos weather this weekend so has been slow bit like my 1320 times lol .. how you getting on mate have you done anything yet ??

Are the names of racers on the gate this year Nick ?