Thread: Gasser Circus Showdown Entrants

Gasser Circus Showdown Entrants

Its taken a bit of time, but the Circus is getting ready to roll into town. So who is coming out on tour this year I hear you cry, well the answer to that is in the list below. So far all of the cars below are entered in the The Gasser Circus Showdown 2012.
    Defending Champion Ray Turner in his Green Onions 55 Chevy will be back seeking to defend his title.

This year there could be some very interesting same model match ups as we have 2 33 Willys Coupes and 2 Austin Devons in the mix as well as a healthy group of 55 Chevies. Its good to see Carl entering his wicked 1934 Ford Coupe Alchemist and its great to welcome back Lee & Jerry with their trend setting Chevy Nova. The original Honky Tonkin is not yet on the lsit as Mike Noble is busy putting together a new/old 57 for his wife Lou. Last year they got their hands on Chris Mannings - Hooligan and have been completely rebuilding it into Louligan.

There are also 6 other Gassers that have yet to confirm they will be challenging not only the quarter mile but also for the trophies, so for now they are not on the list below, but all the other racers in the Circus look forward to welcoming them into the tribute race series.

Round 1 - Gary's Picnic Shakespeare County Raceway May 26th -May 27th

NOGBAD THE BAD
    1948 Austin Devon

LOULIGAN
    1957 Chevy Handyman

ROARIN RAT
    1957 Chevy Belair

GREEN ONIONS
    1955 Chevy 210

CROWD PLEASER
    1955 Chevy 210

IDENTITY CRISIS
    1964 Comet

OLD HARPER
    1941 Willys Coupe

HONKY TONKIN 2
    1964 Chevy Nova

ALCHEMIST
    1934 Ford 5 Window Coupe

WHIPLASH
    1933 Willys Coupe

HORRID HENRY
    1952 Henry J

FALFASREVENGE
    1955 Chevy 210

CHECKERED DEMON
    1951 Austin Devon

BOSTON BRAWLER
    1933 Willys Coupe

AINT MISBEHAVIN
    1947 Morris Van

hi nick, looking good.
    im not sure lous car will be called that, will let you know when weve stopped arguing about it !!

Gasser Circus Member

line up

aint misbehavin, is that the lil green morris van that ran last year ? ..used to be hybrid.

thats the one.
    Real steel

Quote Originally Posted by MANUAL PUNISHMENT View Post
    aint misbehavin, is that the lil green morris van that ran last year ? ..used to be hybrid.
    was this originally built by mel,butnot finished
    Last edited by hurtz; 07-05-12 at 11:05 PM. Reason: bad spilling /spolling /spelling last one looks right

That's it dale.

NSRA member
    That's me guys. Was at the HRD's with a two speed three speed if you know what I mean. Have had the box rebuilt so looking forward to trying it with first gear. Just looking to have some fun tbh. Like the front end treatment btw crumble.

Gasser Circus Member

re the morris

excellent sweet ha , looking forward to seeing your gasser at the track did you run well last year ? fun is the word gunna be a good laugh this year i can feel it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet HA View Post
    That's me guys. Was at the HRD's with a two speed three speed if you know what I mean. Have had the box rebuilt so looking forward to trying it with first gear. Just looking to have some fun tbh. Like the front end treatment btw crumble.

excellent sweet ha , looking forward to seeing your gasser at the track did you run well last year ? fun is the word gunna be a good laugh this year i can feel it
    yeh, too right.
    none of us really care,UNTILL YA GET YA A55 KICKED BY A BIRD !!
    i live by the unwritten code between men, especially hot rodders

Gasser Circus Member

re bird assault

haha ive been getting my ass kicked for a month by my bird lol i wanna win a race just one in 5 years would be nice hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by mike noble View Post
    yeh, too right.
    none of us really care,UNTILL YA GET YA A55 KICKED BY A BIRD !!

whiplash took my record about a month ago !!
    think he ran 11.3, when he gets used to the powerglide and uses the brake methinks he'll have a 10 !!

Gasser Circus Member

re re

thats a quick willys that is im wondering if its wearing paint yet ? dont seem to hear much of the beast .
    Quote Originally Posted by mike noble View Post
    whiplash took my record about a month ago !!
    think he ran 11.3, when he gets used to the powerglide and uses the brake methinks he'll have a 10 !!

thats a quick willys that is im wondering if its wearing paint yet ? dont seem to hear much of the beast .
    he aint even washed it the bone idle g1t

NSRA member

re the Morris

No, it wasn't quick - 16.5 @ 87 or something like that. Only had 2nd and 3rd gear and it was auto changing up at about 3000 revs - with a lokar shifter, I didn't want to try manually shifting it. But I was there and enjoyed having a go. Looking forward to doing a bit better this year!

Gasser Circus Member
    Looking at the list below it looks like I've either got a new car or rebadged the Dart!
    I thought Raj Tunnocks was being disqualified this year for being the wrong shade of green?

Look forward to Garys Pikanik, good luck all ( Except you Rex )

Quote Originally Posted by Nervous Nick View Post
    Its taken a bit of time, but the Circus is getting ready to roll into town. So who is coming out on tour this year I hear you cry, well the answer to that is in the list below. So far all of the cars below are entered in the The Gasser Circus Showdown 2012.
    Defending Champion Ray Turner in his Green Onions 55 Chevy will be back seeking to defend his title.

This year there could be some very interesting same model match ups as we have 2 33 Willys Coupes and 2 Austin Devons in the mix as well as a healthy group of 55 Chevies. Its good to see Carl entering his wicked 1934 Ford Coupe Alchemist and its great to welcome back Lee & Jerry with their trend setting Chevy Nova. The original Honky Tonkin is not yet on the lsit as Mike Noble is busy putting together a new/old 57 for his wife Lou. Last year they got their hands on Chris Mannings - Hooligan and have been completely rebuilding it into Louligan.

There are also 6 other Gassers that have yet to confirm they will be challenging not only the quarter mile but also for the trophies, so for now they are not on the list below, but all the other racers in the Circus look forward to welcoming them into the tribute race series.

Round 1 - Gary's Picnic Shakespeare County Raceway May 26th -May 27th

NOGBAD THE BAD
    1948 Austin Devon

LOULIGAN
    1957 Chevy Handyman

ROARIN RAT
    1957 Chevy Belair

GREEN ONIONS
    1955 Chevy 210

CROWD PLEASER
    1955 Chevy 210

IDENTITY CRISIS
    1964 Comet

OLD HARPER
    1941 Willys Coupe

HONKY TONKIN 2
    1964 Chevy Nova

ALCHEMIST
    1934 Ford 5 Window Coupe

WHIPLASH
    1933 Willys Coupe

HORRID HENRY
    1952 Henry J

FALFASREVENGE
    1955 Chevy 210

CHECKERED DEMON
    1951 Austin Devon

BOSTON BRAWLER
    1933 Willys Coupe

AINT MISBEHAVIN
    1947 Morris Van

Gasser Circus Member

coco's comet

well coco,perhaps you should 'rebadge' your car, it might get noticed! or you could race that 'bedford ' van you just purchased. or better still, just don't turn up,raj

NSRA member

Desert Rat

Sorry guys won't make Gary's picnic with Desert Rat, will be in sunny California. Hope to make at least one meet this year, but work interfering!

Quote Originally Posted by 37ford View Post
    Sorry guys won't make Gary's picnic with Desert Rat, will be in sunny California. Hope to make at least one meet this year, but work interfering!
    thats a shame, good to know it will be back in the circus, may go faster with a new/better driver. ps love ya pat