Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Model A......Man of Value

Model A......Man of Value

Hi all, This is my first thread on this channel.lol
    building a model a coupe on 32 rails. hope ive sussed the uploading of pic's right. cheers brad

Will sort the pic's out of build in the next few days chaps. This is what the coupe is looking like todate.
    Last edited by newboldspeed; 08-04-12 at 08:03 PM.

Brad copy and paste the img code mate

Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Cheers Steve, it's taken me a while to get my head around sorting the pic's out.
    Its all these thumbs i've got on me hands.lol
    Stock hight Sports Coupe

4" Chop now 5w Coupe

Looking for a pair on these
    Last edited by newboldspeed; 08-04-12 at 08:00 PM.

Brad just to let you know the Cheater slicks usually only have 2 grooves on them, They would be known as slicks here
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,

Looking at getting a tread cutter sorted out.
    fork truck services cut treads in tires. so its an option im looking at.
    Would be good to get them with tread like in pic.

Quote Originally Posted by newboldspeed View Post
    Looking at getting a tread cutter sorted out.
    fork truck services cut treads in tires. so its an option im looking at.
    Would be good to get them with tread like in pic.
    I can get them wth that tread Brad, I also have a tyre cutting tool here.

Do you have any pics steve.
    The wheels are 15x8.5
    what size the whitewall 3"?
    size tyre 30x10x15?
    size tyre 1000x15?

cheers

Do you have any pics steve.
    The wheels are 15x8.5
    what size the whitewall 3"?
    size tyre 30x10x15?
    size tyre 1000x15?

cheers
    Pics here Brad http://www.hurstracingtires.com/1093440.html

oops

sorry for using the tires in the wrong thread. using wanted add cheers chaps

This is a few pic's of build from start.

Today i've had the engine running 30min 2000rpm.
    Thats the best easter egg ive had. One gallon of petrol used
    Need a larger rad though. So now i can move on to sorting the firewall and tank out once ive took the engine out of way.. cheers brad
    Last edited by newboldspeed; 09-04-12 at 08:34 PM.

Progress looks good Dean
    sounds like that motors going to give you good mileage to the pound

Thanks.
    Hope alls well.....
    Just run her up with a 600cfm holley. idle not perfect but with just headers i carnt expect any great results.
    Just waiting for service parts for 1 stromberg 97. the last one i rebuilt had parts missing inside, others were in great shape.

Then the holley will removed and a 4x2 setup will be going on.

But thats going to have to be shelved until ive finished the body work.

Cheers

chassis up date

Its been a few months since i updated thread.

Just a few pics of build to date. Now my new workshops up and running i've started on the chassis ready for mounting things up and sorting the brakes etc out.

chassis ready for final grinding and welding.

front cross member notched to clear spring.

Mounting rear axle and gearbox in correct position.

Cheers
    Last edited by newboldspeed; 25-09-12 at 01:35 PM.

Images
    that chassis looking good.

A few more pic's.
    Running Fuel lines and brake lines down chassis.

QUESTION:
    The 2Lbs bias vales go as near to the M/C as possible. disc brakes front and rear.. Where do you mount the balance control???????

Last edited by newboldspeed; 07-10-12 at 08:56 AM.

balance bar goes in the rear line

Your emotions will always interfere with your sense of truth

Looks like that but if fuel line was long enough then Brad

Images
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

brakes

The diagram for the brakes goes along way to understand whats going on.
    The Laser pipe flaring tool i have has just found its way out of the garage.
    Lets say its not the best piece of kit................Crap.

The Fuel pipe is a bit long Steve LOL. Not be going short.
    I've dropped a boo boo on the s/s front brake lines.. turns out they are 7/16 not 10mm. so ill be ringing ya tomoz chap.
    The rear s/s nuts that are 7/16x24 are a real life saver.....

cheers chaps

The diagram for the brakes goes along way to understand whats going on.
    The Laser pipe flaring tool i have has just found its way out of the garage.
    Lets say its not the best piece of kit................Crap.

The Fuel pipe is a bit long Steve LOL. Not be going short.
    I've dropped a boo boo on the s/s front brake lines.. turns out they are 7/16 not 10mm. so ill be ringing ya tomoz chap.
    The rear s/s nuts that are 7/16x24 are a real life saver.....

cheers chaps
    Post the front flexibles back mate and I will change the ends, let me have the 10mm banjo bolts back too.