Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: News on my pop (2)

i dont know john what month it will be in. i didnt realise how many photos they take for a feature must have been 100+. the fun started when i had to do some shots on a round about. now all the stick i was getting about gasser dont go round corners ect ect when i was building it, all i can say is you where all wrong, it goes round roundabouts real good and after going round about 30 times and pretty quick i think i can honestly say it handels as good as most pops i have driven.

Crumble, a properly set up Gasser should drive no different to a fast Transit Van

Kev
    Galations 6:7

Images
    I know which i would prefer ..... err .... yep the pop ... lol

Images
    John's pop on location ....
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by jsf55; 10-11-07 at 08:15 PM. Reason: unable to edit photo

Smile

Hi crumble, John,
    Your car is fantasticaly radical, and I for one love it, well done on the mag feature, I can't wait to see the pics and wright up, and also to see your super ride in the flesh next season, and hopefully to meet you
    Well done mate, if mine is half as good I'll be well happy,
    Cheers,
    Mike C.

Red face

Hi Radical, and Guy's,
    I did respond to your request for some pictures earlier, however as I went to upload the reply I pressed the wrong button, and I lost it all FAAAAAA

Anyways, just in case you guys don't know, my Pop is many years in the making, I'm not too far off firing my motor up for the first time after mucho money has been spent on it and quite a few mods.

It is a Rover SD1 that has been balanced, it has a Hurricane cam, Holley 390 (bigger jets) Edelbrock manifold, bored 20 thou, unleaded valve seats, all new valve train, the block faces have been machined, and recon heads have been fitted, it should produce 230 bhp. I have made one good B/W 65 auto out of three doners, Iv'e had the convertor furnis brazed, and a higher stall speed built in. 95% of the engine/ g/box build has been completed in house, well in my garage actually LOL.

Wisbech have waved their magic wand on the chassis, front stainless I.F.S, loads of bodywork, and quite a few stainless items I.E Jag I.R.S hub carriers, radious rods, anti-climb rods, and much more.

The rear axle is a mixture of "S" Type, and XJ6 lots of special tools have been made for the replacement of bearings etc.
    Iv'e just received my Pop Browns wiring loom, so I'm one step further towards my fire up, which hopefully will be around Christmas this year LOL (it was supposed to be last year LOL)

All the best thanks for listening, hope you enjoy the pics,
    Cheers,
    Mike C.Attachment 319

Attachment 320

Attachment 321

Attachment 322

Attachment 323
    Last edited by Rover V8; 15-12-07 at 11:25 PM.

Last edited by Rover V8; 15-12-07 at 11:26 PM.

Red face Hi'

Hi' Mike sorry i'm useless at remembering people,names,face's etc but i do remember nice pop's and your's is certainly well nice, seeing the picture's reminded me that you did post some up on the old forum.
    Sorry mate (old timer's lol !) but it's great that you reposted on this new forum TA'.
    DAVE.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by crumble View Post
    i dont know john what month it will be in. i didnt realise how many photos they take for a feature must have been 100+. the fun started when i had to do some shots on a round about. now all the stick i was getting about gasser dont go round corners ect ect when i was building it, all i can say is you where all wrong, it goes round roundabouts real good and after going round about 30 times and pretty quick i think i can honestly say it handels as good as most pops i have driven.
    John the gasser look's freekin' awsome man!

Hi Dave,
    No worries mate, I forget loads of things, I think, now you come to mention it, what did I say ??? LOL

As you said Pop's are memorable, that's one of the biggest reasons for me getting back on the road,

Cheers,
    Mike C.

Dave,
    See I forgot to say thanks for the kind words,
    off to take my medicine LOL
    Mike C.

thanks for the replies chaps. the pictures were just a couple it took after the photo shoot. must admit iam so suprised the responce the car as achevied for some thing that was built in 7 months in a single garage with just basic tools. i think fitting the EO4A front sheet metal has made a big difference over the 103E front panels. i have fitted the new n.o.s steel boot lid today, it fits so much better than the glass one that was on it.
    it will be getting a few runs down the strip next year now its handeling better and the cage is fitted. be nice to see what it can do, one thing for sure i think it will be entertaining of the line for the people watching but not for my pants. LOL
    radical, come on fella you have a great gasser waiting to be finished their mate would be great to see that one on the road. or bring it down to me and let me fool around with it for a while if you want.
    kev you are right fast transit and corners, must fit a diesel now and paint it white to get the full effect, LOL.
    Last edited by crumble; 11-11-07 at 12:50 AM.

Intro
    Here,s a collective of all the Pop pictures I,ve taken this year.

Enjoy!

great pictures their russ. their is one or two their russ that i seem to know well. i remember drilling all them holes in the doors of anxious it was one of them days where the temp was in the 90s and the electric drill in my had was about 110. looking at the pictures of anxious it just looks like a time warp that car, could well have been been dragged out of a barn were it had been resting for 40 years.
    Last edited by crumble; 11-11-07 at 09:43 AM.

cool pics guys

funny looking wheelie bars on this one lol!

i've never seen this car close up,nice dash treatment ;-)

Thumbs up

Hi Guys,
    Wicked pictures I really enjoyed them, I didn't go to many shows so I can't contribute as I didn't take any pics, so thanks for yours,
    Cheers,
    Mike C.

Images

johns new bootlid
    Last edited by jsf55; 12-11-07 at 10:45 AM. Reason: add text

Quote Originally Posted by jsf55 View Post

johns new bootlid
    i dont think their are many of these n.o.s boot lids lying around now days. it still has part number and model number chalked on it.

Wink

Blimey John I've always wondered what Rocking Horse do doos look like LOL
    A very good find indeed, if you find anymore I'm in need of one,
    Cheers,
    Mike C.