Thread: anyone know

anyone know

anyone know what size of rear wheels bob nixon`s old outlaw anglia used to run?..........cheers stu

There were two different cars. The earlier skinny one was steel and my friend owned it recently ran 15x15 centerlines. The fiberglass version which was driven by kev jenkins ran much smaller, must have been 10 or 12 inch prostars.
    Dave

cheers dave, i`ve got the axle(less diff) off 1 of them,gives me an idea what size of wheels that i can use..........cheers stu

How wide is the axle you have?

cant remember dave,got it of ray irish(won it on ebay) a couple of years ago.will dig it out tonight and measure it.............stu

That's the axle from the car my mate Adam bought (V8 jago on this site), we got the car from Ray Irish's place minus axle. That car ran 15x15's within stock arches, like this. Cool car! I was gutted when he decided to sell it especially as he intended to bring it out looking just like this again

Dave

the axles very narrow,hav`nt dug it out yet to measure it.pity he decided to sell,would`ve been a cool street/strip car......stu

Last edited by 105e van; 22-02-08 at 05:35 PM. Reason: forgot to add pic

i remember seeing this car for the first time and them twisty lauches of the line. it was a great car to watch race. it must have been one of the first outlaw anglias.

Quote Originally Posted by 105e van View Post
    anyone know what size of rear wheels bob nixon`s old outlaw anglia used to run?..........cheers stu

Hello m8 i can find out for you as my mate kevin jenkins used to racing the car back in the day .

i just spoke to kev and he said they were 10 by 15's
    Last edited by posse; 24-02-08 at 10:30 AM.

i just spoke to kev and he said they were 10 by 15's
    I Think you'll find that was the later fiberglass car. Brett fetherstone drove the one we're talking about.

This is the car your axel came out of. I think your axel is about 29" I was told that the reason it twisted when it launched was the fact that the axel was so short.

I was putting +2" arches on it and there was around 5 or 6 inch left, And i think with the standard arches there was around 3 or 4 inch.
    The only thing to think is it had very wide tubs so the 18.5 tyres fit easy under the arches. Ive included a few pictures so you can have a look and see what i mean.
    I wish i had kept it and made a start and struggled on with it, Reason i sold it was my 2nd son was due and time and money was tight and the pop was just sat undercover looking all sad and wanted to be built
    I am 100% sure that your axel came from this car and brett was the driver...

The guy who bought the car of me was hoping to have it ready to take to the nostalgia nats this year. I hope it is out as im looking forward to seeing it. The guy was not going to put it back to its origional paint sceem which is a shame but he bought it so its his choice.

thanks v8 jago,the pics are much appreciated,i`ll check the axle width later today,it is very narrow as you say.looks like it still had some of the original chassis rails in the pics.....stu