Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1934 Ford Sedan

NSRA member
    Very nice build.
    I see that the Lexus engine and bellhousing is used.
    Are you using the autobox as well ?

Thanks for the post.
    It has a Supra W58 Box through an adaptor plate.
    Cheers.

NSRA member
    Who made the adaptor plate?

I tried to get the files unsuccessfully but luckily picked a plate up on ebay!

A little update for you from the 'House of Ross'.
    The exhaust flanges to mate up to the Lexus headers are an offset lay out so Paul @ Whengparts knocked them up for us. Very tidy they are too!
    Ross has been on making the mounts for the rack. We might go a round mount for holding them in eventually (in my none technical terms a doughnut cut in half.....)
    He has worked his magic to get the column sorted and theough to the rack. It's quote tight as the lexus is a little wide...

Rear panel is now mocked in to place, shock mounts are on and the car is off the table.....rear end sat on it's arse as Ross had wound the shocks down to get the springs off.
    Front springs nicely but we'll see how it is when it's all together.

Ross has been mocking the panels up now the car is on the floor. It looks great, all credit to Ross.
    He has found a donor panel for the roof insert which fits like a glove.
    The front tyres are 215/65/15. They came with the wheels but I think I may to go with something thinner/smaller to get the front down a bit. We will see next time I go up.

Some great fabrication, that roof panel fits a treat, did you have to do much work on the wheel to get it that close? or was it that close to begin?
    Cheers, John

John, Ross may along to comment but I think it is more or less as it was cut out. It is from a taxi.
    Cheers, Ian

love to see this work as it is of great intrest and always very informative and gives us all a treat well done ross and thanks for showing us

John, I had eyeballed the roof section from a taxi being scrapped in the shed next to me. I got the roof and measured out a section and even though it had more crown than I needed, when I cut it out it flattened out nicely and is a real good fit. the only thing holding it up off the roof is the lumps of weld from the old roof filler panel.

Images
    This is going to be real nice.great fabrication skills as always.

thought i recognised those wheels, i had them on my 64 parissienne. saw the front tread pattern and thought yep i'm pretty sure i fitted those tyres.

What a great find.
    Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    thought i recognised those wheels, i had them on my 64 parissienne. saw the front tread pattern and thought yep i'm pretty sure i fitted those tyres.
    Yes Neil definitely yours mate. They sat well on your car as well!
    I have only seen one other set. They are on a Red small UK Car (30's?) maybe an Austin. I think it was a CC feature car.

Images
    Probably Malc from oop norff!!!
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

This one. (Knew I had a picture somewhere!)

Images
    Yep, Malc's. Fabulous little car with lots of nice touches, part-built by Dave Haskell but Malc has been building it for longer even than I've been rebuilding mine & even longer than I've known him (20+ years now!!).
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

NSRA member
    Tis my 1932 Standard Little 9. She used to be a two door 'n' a little shorter, plus, plus, plus, you get the idea! Was at the stage once where it had a V4/ MGB front end 'n' 105E rear then this ring kinder came off me finger, so after a while we thought we'd go for it!!!! A few pictures on Dave's web site, he sorted the door inners plus new dash 'n' preped 'n' painted the lass for me! Oh, including forcing one or two coffees my way when I called down. LOL Those wheels are Budnik Stiletoe 7 wheels. Steve Fletcher had a set of them on on his woody too! Just realised you've got the photo of my car between Rich Parker's 39 ford 'n' Glyn Cheeseboroughs '57 Chevy, I wouldn't be even on the road with out these two mates assistance 'n' kicking !!! Malc
    Last edited by malcc; 04-12-14 at 06:03 PM.

A quick update on more metal wizardry from Ross.
    Ross has been working on getting the hidden hinges in, Window Motors mechanisms, bearclaws, taking the wood out and replacing it with Steel. Pictures are better than words so...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Ford34; 03-03-15 at 09:14 PM. Reason: spelling