Thread: lathe wanted

lathe wanted

looking for a lathe, anything considered
    ian
    07811 129129

Images
    Ian look for the biggest you can fit in as the bigger lathes are a lot cheaper, you can also do small stuff on a big lathe but not the other way round.
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

steve ive enough room for a massive one but it will need to be single phase

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqweaka View Post
    steve ive enough room for a massive one but it will need to be single phase
    Colchester Student would be my choice then, easily converted or run it through a phase converter Ian.
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,

Images
    One for sale on here a short while ago, may still be, Barry Flood listed it for a mate who I think is on the mainland.
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MisteR Tee View Post
    One for sale on here a short while ago, may still be, Barry Flood listed it for a mate who I think is on the mainland.
    Mick is on the island too Mo

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lang View Post
    Mick is on the island too Mo
    Is he? Oh well, found the listing on R & S.

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/stu...ort-mill-68915
    MisteR Tee

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MisteR Tee View Post
    Is he? Oh well, found the listing on R & S.

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/stu...ort-mill-68915
    only problem is that the add is for a milling machine n he wants a lathe. other than that it's all good
    Today I realised that I'm not as young as I once was

http://www.bristolhotrods.co.uk

thanks for the link.. rang him and its still for sale but its on the IOW and it weighs two ton!! ill keep looking thanks
    ian

NSRA member

Lathes

two worth trying-
    http://www.homeworkshop.org.uk/--- keep your eyes open or I check regular, possibly consider a "wanted" ad.

and ask Andrew or Barry at Bede tools, they have a Harrison in looks quite well equipped, pity its just a 9", you will need tooling-- more expense. They have a Colchester Bantam "arriving shortly" might be worth a look

http://www.bedetools.com/page48.html

I could put a wanted up on the Harrison Lathes website, there is also a Colchester site, you may need to join to post

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/harrisonlathe/
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ColchesterLathe-User/

Stan
    Last edited by Ford34/2; 18-11-12 at 11:50 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lang View Post
    Colchester Student would be my choice then, easily converted or run it through a phase converter Ian.
    IF you can find one some 'Education' Students were single phase. What sort of 'draw' does a converter pull though Steve (Amps)? If you want more power it surely has to go in, and the point of 3 phase is there's less with all 3 providing (Each) than 1. A lathe and mill are a must for me but deciding how big I can go for is a puzzle. Garage has armour cable but is burried and I have visions of having to re-lay that to get enough power.
    Sorry to hijack this 'Wanted' in fact please answer in Tech Steve.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 19-11-12 at 02:07 PM.
    I know you think you believe you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what I said isn't always what I meant.

My Intro '

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    IF you can find one some 'Education' Students were single phase.
    Here's one....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COLCHESTER...item3ccc72edb2
    I know you think you believe you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what I said isn't always what I meant.

My Intro '

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelh View Post
    only problem is that the add is for a milling machine n he wants a lathe. other than that it's all good
    Oh, a vertical lathe then!!! Whoops!
    MisteR Tee

Got his new from RDG Tools and with a deal to boot. They are great to deal with and also carry every extra you could want. Single phase and has some guts in it. Also have variable speed which is very handy.
    G

NSRA member

Lathe.

More details on his website, 3 phase, but star delta motor. May negotiate, Barry or Andrew.

Details:
    Colchester Bantam 800 Metal Lathe

3 Jaw Chuck - Assorted Change Gears - QCTP + 5 Holders ( 2 SQ Section , 1 Drill Chuck , 1 Parting Off , 1 Knurl ) - Taper Turning Attachment - Coolant Pump and Tank - Low Voltage Light Unit Gearbox - Power Longitudinal and Cross Feeds - Imperial Dials - Splash and Chuck Guards Fitted - 3 Phase ( Star Delta Motor ) Fitted

5.5” Centre Height x 20” Between Centres

More Pictures at: http://www.bedetools.com

Can be Secured to a pallet for Delivery to your door by Tail lift Wagon , Please Supply a Postcode for Pallet Price ..
    Terms:
    Price: £950.00
    Collection or Delivery
    Trader
    Bede Tools and Machinery
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    UK
    0191 4286575 or 07966285390

Regards
    Stan

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford34/2 View Post
    More details on his website, 3 phase, but star delta motor. May negotiate, Barry or Andrew.

Details:
    Colchester Bantam 800 Metal Lathe

3 Jaw Chuck - Assorted Change Gears - QCTP + 5 Holders ( 2 SQ Section , 1 Drill Chuck , 1 Parting Off , 1 Knurl ) - Taper Turning Attachment - Coolant Pump and Tank - Low Voltage Light Unit Gearbox - Power Longitudinal and Cross Feeds - Imperial Dials - Splash and Chuck Guards Fitted - 3 Phase ( Star Delta Motor ) Fitted

5.5” Centre Height x 20” Between Centres

More Pictures at: http://www.bedetools.com

Can be Secured to a pallet for Delivery to your door by Tail lift Wagon , Please Supply a Postcode for Pallet Price ..
    Terms:
    Price: £950.00
    Collection or Delivery
    Trader
    Bede Tools and Machinery
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    UK
    0191 4286575 or 07966285390

Regards
    Stan

Blimey Stan thats dear for a Bantam !!!

I may be upgrading to a bigger machine if one I have my eye on becomes available.
    I have a student just now.
    Not sure what your timescale is though.

NSRA member

Lathe price

Not sure Steve, I`m more up to date on the Harrisons as thats what I have and keep an eye out, sort of curiosity. Half that and it would be a bargain.
    Lathes--Occasionally they go for peanuts and then all of a sudden, bang and go 1K + . There are Harrison on the bay for £1800 !!!!!!!!!!!. mine was less than a fifth of that. Direct from a University.
    Two good makes that you cant go far wrong. Finding a good-un is the prob.
    he may even be fixed up.

Stan